Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
The People team at Twilio is rapidly expanding to support the company’s exponential growth. This role will be a critical member of our People team that will drive and execute our People Data Engineering and development strategy. Reporting into the Director of People Insights,, the role will be responsible for building a world-class data platform and data architecture to support People Insights that drive business outcomes.
Twilio is looking for a leader who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record of leading a Data Engineering team. They also have:
- 5+ years experience in data engineering or data analytics with a Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required.
- Technical knowledge of data analytics, data modeling, and analysis.
- Experience working in a global and fast-paced environment at scale. Ability to establish strong cross-functional partnerships and experience driving projects and programs with a diverse group of partners.
- Strong facilitation skills and proven ability to persuade and influence change and enable collaboration in a cross-functional group of leaders.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills with the ability to build effective work relationships and influence stakeholders.
- Experience managing, leading, engaging and developing a team of software developers, analysts and/or data scientists, and provide technical direction to the team.
- Experience with HR Data warehouse schema design and implementation, Data extraction, transformation, and loading, Data modeling based on analytics requirements, including creating blended data models from disparate sources.
- Tableau Server HR Site administration experience is also required.
As a Manager, People Datat you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- DRAW THE OWL: Play a role in the operalization of the data engineering roadmap adding critical value to the organization by designing and executing the full People Analytics stack. Using a design-driven, agile approach, the team works to automate and enable measurement and insights.
- BE AN OWNER: Lead cross-functional teams on projects and partner with business owners in identifying data sources and quality issues and develop a data quality framework. E.g., Talent Acquisition, Finance, LMO, Total Rewards, etc.. Be comfortable participating with leaders within the organization, helping to drive alignment and understanding across the broader Data Platform, Insights & Strategy, and HR Tech teams.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER'S SHOES: Collaborate closely with our People Insights to understand reporting requirements, timeline, resource availability. Dashboard development to visualize and automate reporting needs in partnership with the People Insights team.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Leads the team that Implements scalable end-to-end data solutions, support, and enablement for People COEs. Acts as a consultant for internal metrics and KPI development aligned with internal BPMs (e.g., Open work index, etc.). Collaborate closely with our People Insights to understand reporting requirements, timeline, resource availability.
The People Data team exists to be the front door for our users, to ensure it is as easy as possible to find the data they need, understand it, and quickly take action on it. This role will tackle the challenge of creating a unified, consistent, elegant vision for how we will provide data to anyone who needs to use it. The audience will range from non-technical users working within our People COEs to highly technical distributed developers and data engineers embedded in XFN analytics functions.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Tier 4 base salary range: $146,240.00 to $201,080.00
Rest of Colorado:
Tier 5 base salary range: $127,960.00 to $175,945.00
Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks