Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is seeking a Senior Director of EMEA Carrier Relations to own Twilio’s EMEA’s messaging supply strategy, messaging revenue/gross profit targets and partnerships with telecom carriers such that Twilio’s customers can reliably engage their users anywhere across EMEA. This person will be responsible for maximizing revenue and gross profit across hundreds of customers while leading a distributed team.
The Senior Director of EMEA Carrier Relations is principally responsible for building a premier sales and business development organization, orchestrating our EMEA supply strategy, evangelizing our Messaging Exchange products, developing a scalable operating model, cultivating extraordinary customer relationships and maximizing gross profit and revenue metrics. This role will partner closely with product, sales, marketing, finance, legal and operations. Deliverables take the form of customer delight, talent development, product evangelism, new business development, gross profit/revenue maximization and operational best practices.
Twilio is looking for a leader with:
- 10+ years in technology business development with a strong understanding of internet, exchange and mobile technologies.
- 7+ years in developing extraordinary carrier relations, publisher, business development or supply organizations. Focus on diversity and inclusion.
- Consistent track record to develop relationships with senior executives and evangelize product innovations.
- End-to-end strategic and operational planning for a global marketplace
- Expert negotiation skills and the ability to distill sophisticated issues into structured frameworks and concrete action plans
- Excellent communication skills and ability to influence others internally and externally.
- Entrepreneurial mentality, evangelist and innovator who excels in a fast-paced environment with minimal guidance.
As Senior Director of EMEA Carrier Relations you will:
- Build and lead a hard-working carrier relations and business development team, responsible for the end-to-end success of our partnerships from sourcing new partners, negotiating and executing agreements, to ensuring existing partnerships deliver on objectives.
- Develop a scalable operating model grounded in data, making customers successful and writing it down.
- Drive commercial, negotiation and relationship management standard methodologies in all of our partnership activities.
- Remove barriers to your team being successful through fostering strong partner communication and relationships, and a relentless focus on the big picture of building and defining the future of communication.
- Drive innovation through owning difficult and unfamiliar problems, and being willing to roll up your sleeves and Draw the Owl in a highly dynamic, ambiguous environment.
- Be responsible for creating and maintaining an inclusive and diverse environment through demonstrating the Twilio Magic.
This role is central to Twilio's continued growth and enabling our customers to engage with their users anywhere across EMEA. You will work closely with senior leadership and cross-functionally in a highly-visible role with significant impact on the overall direction of the company.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world's developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to taking on hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation, and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located anywhere across EMEA. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.