Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Principal/Sr. Manager, Product Marketing - Public Sector to own the GTM marketing mix and core messaging along with core product marketing responsibilities that will accelerate awareness and growth in this market. This person will ensure that Twilio speaks the language of our customers to drive higher levels of engagement in the enterprise through vertical specific storytelling, enablement, and high-touch programs. In this role, you will accelerate growth in the Public Sector vertical by doubling down on content and coordinated campaigns to build awareness and pipeline. Reporting to the Director of Industry Product Marketing, this position is essential in supporting Twilio’s ability to connect with our customer's according to their industry point of view.
Twilio is looking for a leader who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record of industry marketing excellence. Regarding culture, we seek people who demonstrate our values, enjoy challenging problems, empower others to thrive, “draw the owl”, and adapt their playbook when necessary.
- 8+ years experience in product marketing to the Public Sector.
- Experience in leading a GTM and creating a high impact end to end marketing strategy and messaging framework.
- A strategic thinker--you like to build deep product knowledge and figure out how to highlight our key product differentiators in an impactful way as they relate to the nuances of the Public Sector.
- You know how to turn a story into a presentation. You are able to clearly articulate complex concepts to leave a lasting impression.
- You know how to enable and educate internal audiences to drive meaningful and impactful content.
- Experience with technology products that have targeted operational and technical leaders with cloud-based services or you have been a Public Sector product marketing leader at a management consulting firm.
- Ability to work cross functionally and enjoys collaboration and team execution.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
As a Principle PMM on the Industry Marketing team, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- WRITE IT DOWN: Provide an aligned marketing strategy that demonstrates all aspects of the marketing mix vital to serve the current and future needs of our total addressable market.
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Work in an environment that is always in motion--manage priorities so that you handle top priorities as they crop up, without losing momentum on your long term projects.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Lead cross functional teams across marketing, sales, channel, Twilio.org and enablement, representing the Public Sector point of view as the subject matter expert on all things Public Sector - federal, state and local on a global scale.
- BE AN OWNER: Lead all marketing work streams for the Public Sector across Twilio to deliver a unified GTM.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Have outstanding presentation skills so you can stand in front of any customer or executive and make the case for the Twilio differentiators for the Public Sector.
Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
The industry marketing team at Twilio is responsible for defining the next chapter of Public Sector citizen engagement through world-class messaging and positioning, storytelling and customer insights. At the intersection of product, sales, and marketing, the industry marketing team plays an integral role in translating products, features, and services into solutions that meet our customers’ needs.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed, and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation, and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Salary Range: $132,928 - $182,776
Rest of Colorado:
Salary Range: $116,312 - $159,929
Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks