Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is looking for a Sales Director who lives the Twilio Magic to lead our growing Public Sector Enterprise team. The right person for this role is a go-getter, who wants to develop and lead a team of Public Sector Account Executives. Responsibilities include leading this dedicated team to identify new revenue opportunities and logos within state and local governments including cities, counties, and special districts, and education segments.
- You should feel comfortable with selling a platform or SaaS, but if you have experience with Contact Centers, Messaging, Call Tracking and other communication solutions even better!
- You have 8+ years of Public Sector Enterprise Sales experience and a track record of personally selling and closing complex technical solutions to Public Sector customers in excess of $500K, with at least four of those years spent managing teams.
- You have experience building teams, managing all monthly forecasting, and can support fiscal planning and revenue tracking for all major accounts in the region.
As Director, Public Sector Accounts you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- BE AN OWNER: Collaborate with your team and internal cross-functional teams, to get a major account negotiated with a signed contract.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER"S SHOES: You talk with potential strategic customers, where you spend time learning about their needs, and then through consultation, develop a strategic plan to help their service thrive through the use of Twilio’s communication platform.
- DON'T SETTLE: You expertly forecast your team overachieving on their goals, and deftly present your guidance to your VP and COO.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
The Enterprise Sales team is a strategic component to our go-to-market strategy. We bring incredible value to enterprise companies, and thrive on finding new use cases to optimize their customer engagement.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Sales Commission: Additionally, this role is eligible to earn commissions and eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Salary Range- $169,400 - $211,750
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks