Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Sales Manager of Strategic Growth Accounts to lead our growing Strategic Growth Sales team in North America. This person will lead, mentor, and scale a high performing team of Strategic Growth Account Executives (8-10 individual contributors) focused on revenue growth, retention, and cross selling Twilio’s new products to existing named accounts covering Growth companies within North America.
Twilio is looking for a Sales Manager that lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrable track record of success building and scaling teams of Strategic Growth Account Executives. They also have:
- 5+ years of technical solutions selling experience, including 2+ years experience managing a team of account managers or strategic account executives within the SMB/mid-market segment
- A solid understanding of selling cloud, API’s, communications, PaaS or consumption based technology experience where customer relationships are dependent on technical performance
- Experience building high performing sales teams, managing all monthly forecasting, and can support fiscal planning and revenue tracking for all major accounts in the region
- Demonstrated ability to develop strong consultative relationships with external partners and internal cross-functional teams at all levels
- Bring data driven methodology and quantitative analytical skills, including pipeline management and forecasting
- Excellent time management/prioritization skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience selling a platform, Contact Centers, Messaging, Call Tracking and other communication solutions are a plus!
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
As a Twilio Sales Manager of Strategic Growth Accounts, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- BE AN OWNER: You are customer focused, metrics driven, embrace a consultative sales philosophy, and are passionate about helping your team succeed.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Our customers are often application owners, software engineering leaders, product managers, entrepreneurs, and line of business owners. You must love talking to all types of customers about building their businesses and helping them drive innovation across many different types of use cases centered around how our customers communicate with their customers.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: You will support your team by helping them build and progress pipeline, work across functions to execute complex deals and lead strategic prospect and customer meetings. You will conduct weekly 1:1's with each team member, provide tactical and strategic deal guidance, motivation, and career development.
- WRITE IT DOWN: Maintain accurate and up-to-date CRM data for your team and provide reliable weekly forecast information to upper management.
The Strategic Growth team plays an integral role in Twilio's continued growth and has already built a solid customer base in region. As our new Manager of Strategic Growth Accounts, you will be responsible for leading a team for revenue growth, retention, and also cross sell Twilio’s new products to existing customers. Your team’s goal is for Twilio to be a trusted advisor to help companies solve their pains and challenges through communication workflows, improve their overall customer engagement experience and meet their business objectives.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located remotely in the US-Pacific or US-Mountain Time Zone for customer support purposes. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Denver Base Salary:
$104,940 - $144,292
Additionally, this role is eligible to earn commissions and eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks