Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a hardworking Engineering Manager to lead net-new teams within Twilio Flex - the first fully programmable cloud contact center. You would manage and grow a development team at the heart of Twilio’s business.
Twilio is looking for a leader who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record of leading engineering teams. They also will:
- Represent your customers’ perspectives. You plan for how they will be impacted by the services you build into Flex, and you always work to enable their success.
- Have passion about operational excellence and have the know-how to build an engineering team that delivers it
- Have strong familiarity with agile processes, continuous integration, and test automation
- Be a strategic problem solver and thrive when operating in broad scope, from conception through continuous operation of 24x7 services
- Distill complex and ambiguous situations into measurable plans for your team
- Have a degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
As an Engineering Manager, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- DON’T SETTLE & BE INCLUSIVE: Lead and grow a diverse team of passionate engineers in the US. Provide support and guidance that enables the team to self-organize and to achieve sustained high velocity and predictability following Agile methodologies.
- BE BOLD: Own, operate, and maintain your team’s services.
- DRAW THE OWL: Represent your team’s operational maturity to Twilio’s technology executives and to product teams across the company
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE & WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Collaborate on roadmaps with Product Managers, Architects, and Tech Leads to ensure we are building the most important features for the customer and the team has clear direction and priorities
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Help employees grow through career development, coaching, and mentoring while guiding senior contributors to maximize their potential. You'll provide a clear path for progression through personal development plans, defining goals, perform evaluations, and collaborate with employees on their objectives.
- BE AN OWNER: Act as an ambassador for Twilio, recruiting and motivating top talent
Twilo Flex lies at the heart of the Twilio’s strategic priorities. In this role you would influence Twilio’s newest and fastest growing product. You would be a visible leader and would work closely with teams at every layer of the company. Your success would deliver great customer experiences at major brands around the world (Twilio’s customers), and you would enable them to deliver better services to their customers.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
$146,240.00 - $182,800.00
Rest of Colorado:
$127,960.00 - $159950.00
Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks