Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Director of Technical Accounting to become the go-to person within the Company for providing technical accounting expertise, preparing and reviewing technical accounting workpapers, leading complex technical accounting projects, such as M&A, investments, valuations, etc., leading other ad-hoc projects and implementations. This role will work cross-functionally with broader Finance organizations and other internal groups such as Legal, Corporate Development, Sales and Human Resources, as well as interface with outside technical advisors and auditors. This role will also be responsible for compliance with Sarbanes Oxley requirements for internal controls in its respective areas of responsibility.
Twilio is looking for a leader who lives the Twilio Magic and has a proven ability to deliver excellent results in a fast-growing company. They also have:
- Active CPA license along with a B.S. in Accounting (M.S. in Accounting or MBA highly preferred); or equivalent experience required.
- 13+ years of work experience, majority in a Big 4 public accounting firm with a successful track record of leading complex technical transactions.
- Extensive hands-on technical accounting experience in M&A (ASC 805), including valuation and related SOX controls.
- Strong hands-on technical accounting experience in various areas, such as revenue recognition, debt accounting, stock-based compensation, investments, VIEs, consolidations, etc.
- Exceptional problem solving, analytical, written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional technical accounting research and memo documentation skills; along with extensive hands-on experience with Sarbanes-Oxley concepts, process and controls.
- Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment, prioritize, multitask, deliver high quality results within compressed timeframes and go the extra mile.
- Must be a team player and leader to the team.
As a Director of Technical Accounting, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- WRITE IT DOWN: Analyze technical accounting topics/transactions, provide key findings to internal stakeholders, document accounting white papers and calculations.
- DRAW THE OWL: Apply critical thinking and problem-solving skills to break down technical issues, identify applicable accounting guidance, propose solutions.
- BE AN OWNER & BE BOLD: Be a leader and an expert in your areas of responsibility. Take end-to-end ownership of all aspects of your projects.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Interact extensively across all functional teams within Twilio and treat your cross-functional partners as your customers.
- NO SHENANIGANS: Ensure the consistent exercise of appropriate judgment and integrity in analyzing accounting issues and applying appropriate guidance.
The Technical Accounting Team is central to Twilio's continued growth. We advise the leadership in selection, application and implementation of the accounting guidance, we participate in leading, evaluating, analyzing and managing various aspects of significant transactions and have a significant impact on the overall direction of the company.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Tier 4 base salary range: $146,240.00 to $201,080.00
Rest of Colorado:
Tier 5 base salary range: $137,100.00 to $188,512.50
Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks