Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Japanese Speaking Technical Support Engineer to join the Customer Support team. This position will be located in either our Tokyo or Singapore office.
Responsible for delivering award winning support to Twilio customers - this position is critical to supporting our customers. This role will be partnering with various technical support, customer success and billing teams at Twilio, and will be customer facing. The ideal candidate is a strong communicator, enjoys diving deep into the details, using data and reporting, and has a sharp attention to detail.
You are passionate about delivering world class support to Twilio customers that combines your strong analytical skills and customer service skills, ensuring that our customers trust and understand their bills, and receive prompt and accurate answers to billing related questions. You enjoy explaining complex concepts in clear, easily understood ways that builds customer confidence. You will demonstrate strong technical competency, empathy, and professionalism in your interactions with customers via email, phone, or chat. You will function as the voice of Twilio to our customers and partners, and operate as a subject matter expert for supporting our customers' billing questions. You will contribute to the Voice of the Customer and document interactions, root causes and issue resolution to help drive product enhancements that improve product supportability, quality and ease of use. You will have a deep understanding of the technical components of the Twilio product suite and how those technologies are used by our customers.
We seek someone with:
- 2+ years of relevant experience
- Experience with delivering support for subscription and/or usage based billing solutions
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated experience with general accounting principles or Billing Support
- Strong technical knowledge and experience delivering technical support
- Experience with SFDC, Quickbooks, Zuora or other financial management software
- Some knowledge of Excel, SQL, database queries, ZenDesk is preferred
- Experience working successfully in fast paced environments with a proven track record of delivering results
- Demonstrated attention to detail, with the ability to quickly ramp up on new products, new technologies, and evolving customer or business needs
- Native or business-level proficiency in Japanese and business-level proficiency in English are required for this role.
As Technical Support Engineer - Billing, you will:
- WEAR THE CUSTOMERS SHOES: Respond to customer inquiries related to billing, and communicate analysis of charges, bills and invoices to customers, building customer trust
- BE AN OWNER: Own customer communication and ticket handling during billing related incidents, apply credits and refunds as designated within policy
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Partner with Customer Success, Sales, Engineering and Product teams to resolve complex problems with potentially costly and far-reaching consequences
- NO SHENANIGANS: Investigate billing, pricing and usage issues and communicate findings to customers
- WRITE IT DOWN: Collect, document and collate feedback for continuous improvement
Twilio’s platform empowers the world’s developers with tools for building cutting-edge communications applications. We only succeed at Twilio when our customers succeed. An outstanding customer experience with our products as well as our service is an integral part of why customers choose Twilio, and your role is critical in ensuring the success here.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in either our Tokyo or Singapore office. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.