Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Technical Support Engineer to join the Customer Interfaces team, supporting our customers’ use of our Console platform, and help customers manage their Twilio products, services, and accounts. You will function as the voice of Twilio to our customers and partners, and operate as a subject matter expert for Twilio’s customer interfaces!
This role reports to the Manager, Technical Support and can be based in our Singapore or Hong Kong office!
Twilio is looking for a customer focused Technical Support Engineer with demonstrated track record of providing excellent customer or technical support. We seek someone with:
- 2+ years experience in a Customer Support role
- Experience communicating complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences via phone or email mediums
- A high competency with communicating internally and externally
- Uses customer feedback to identify and drive improvements in our customer interfaces
- Strong experience interacting and collaborating with other departments while searching for the solutions our customers need
- Experience and interest in working cross functionally with Engineering, Product Management, and Sales, and sometimes with similar multi-functional teams from partner organizations
- Proven advanced time management skills, with the ability to work well under pressure, and are proficient at developing workflows to remain efficient at tasks while still following standard processes and procedures
- Ability to remain calm and effective at higher workloads as well as excelling at prioritization and evaluation of situational urgency
As a Technical Support Engineer, you will:
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Help our customers to use our Console interface and helping them with questions related to their account configurations, billing issues, ensuring that they are able to understand and get the most out of their Twilio experience
- Using your strong diplomatic skills to address customer issues and provide feedback
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Prioritize customer interactions to expedite urgent customer needs
- BE INCLUSIVE: Collaborate with your teammates and the Twilio Product and Engineering teams via Slack as well as filing JIRAs to report reproducible defects
- WRITE IT DOWN: Spend time reviewing and contributing to our internal knowledge bases to stay up on industry shifts and standards
- Work to surface and document customer pain points to assist in process improvement
This position will be located in our Hong Kong or Singapore offices. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.