Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Support Escalations is a newly formed team within Twilio Support to ensure our customers get the most critical help they need from us at the most important time. An ideal Escalation Manager (EM) is a resourceful and seasoned technical specialist with a positive outlook and strong desire to help customers succeed. This candidate must be equally adept at liaising with internal teams e.g. Support, Customer Success Managers, and Engineering teams to solve complex technical issues for customers, as well as at managing technical executive-level customer communications!
This position reports to our Senior Manager, Escalation Engineering and can be based in any of our APJ offices!
Twilio is looking for an EM to join the Support team to elevate our response to hot issues, escalations and incidents. The ideal candidate should have:
- 5+ years’ experience in enterprise technical support, professional services or related customer facing roles, with at least 2 years in a senior technical role.
- Strong can-do mentality and willingness to participate in on-call rotation and embrace the critical and time-sensitive nature of escalations and incidents.
- Ability to work effectively with Front Line Support Engineers as well as participate in other cross-team engagements to expedite resolution to hot issues.
- Strong business insight and executive presence, and the ability to manage executive-level communications on critical or sensitive issues.
- Excellent customer service skills, and possess a high degree of logic, tact and patience under pressure while maintaining a positive attitude.
- Highly motivated by challenges and passionate about conducting post mortems to identify process gaps and propose betterments.
- 1+ years of experience supporting and building on Twilio products.
- Previous experience as an EM or Technical Account Manager
- Prior telecom (Carrier, SIP, PBX) or messaging platform experience.
As an EM, you will:
- BE AN OWNER: Project manage top escalations, working cross functionally and engage key internal partners to drive effective communication and resolution.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Participate in Support On-call rotation, responding and triaging critical issues and partner with front line Support leads to identify the “tiger team” to unblock customers. Provide technical and soft-skills mentoring to Support Engineers.
- BE BOLD: Drive major outage events and serve as the escalation point for Support On-call engineers regarding incident responses and communications.
- WRITE IT DOWN: Participate in regular incident review meetings, track and improve key metrics for incident quality and effectiveness, and identify areas for process improvements.
- BE INCLUSIVE: Partner with CSM, TAM and AE on post-mortem discussions with customers and be the customer advocate to champion feedback and betterments to Product and Engineering.
- DON'T SETTLE: Develop and maintain unified escalation processes to reduce resolution time on business critical escalations.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well-being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.