Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Security Compliance Engagement Intern to join us in the Summer of 2021. This role will collaborate with numerous multi-functional stakeholders across the company (Finance, IT, HR, Security, Product groups, etc.). This includes engaging in all aspects of control and process design, testing, implementation, monitoring, project management, documentation and remediation activities.
Twilio is looking for a team member who lives the Twilio Magic and has experience leading multiple projects. They also have:
- Working towards a BS/BA in computer science, computer engineering, Business Management or a related field
- Demonstrates organization and time leadership skills, with the ability to prioritize multiple priorities
- Familiarity and/or interest in project management concepts, defining overall project scope, and tracking and reporting on project performance
- Aptitude for various compliance and security frameworks including ISO, PCI DSS, GDPR, HIPAA/HITRUST, SOC2, FedRAMP, and other regulations or Compliance Frameworks.
- Experience and familiarity with cloud data security and working with public cloud solutions (AWS)
- Familiarity or interest with programming languages and automation tools
- Demonstrates strong verbal and written communication skills as well as strong analytical and problem solving abilities
As a Compliance Engagement Analyst, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- BE AN OWNER: Serve as a key member of the company’s Information Security Compliance and Engagement Team by supporting ongoing compliance activities and supervising efforts across different regulations (GDPR, PCI, SOC 2, ISO/IEC, HIPAA, FedRAMP, etc.).
- DRAW THE OWL: Contribute to multiple initiatives, including defining overall project scope, tracking project performance specifically to analyze the successful completion of short- and long-term goals, report ongoing status
- WRITE IT DOWN: Support evidence collection, and documentation in support of audits.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Engage with domain specialists to develop, edit, and revise documentation including standard operating procedures, system security plans, and policies and procedures.
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Support the management of timelines, project plans, status reports and statistics to ensure breakthroughs, goals and commitments are met.
- DON’T SETTLE: Support the management of internal and external assessment against Twilio’s information systems, services, and teams.
- NO SHENANIGANS: Identify compliance deficiencies and drive remediation activities with partners.
The Security Compliance Engagement Intern role will support the implementation and maintenance of Twilio’s current and future security and compliance initiatives. You will work closely with leaders across the organization. Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we’re dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
Our intern will be working remotely due to COVID and Twilio employs diverse talent from all over the world, and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.