Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Technical Support Engineer to join our to join our Customer Support organization, responsible for delivering award winning billing support to Twilio customers. Excellent customer service is one of the core values of our company and what our customers have come to expect and love about Twilio.
Twilio operates a 24/7 support model so the ability to work weekends and holidays (as needed) is required.
You will have experience supporting customer billing related queries. Enjoy explaining complex concepts in clear, easily understood ways that builds customer confidence. You will demonstrate technical competency, empathy, and professionalism in your interactions with customers via email, phone, chat and Twitter.
As a Technical Support Engineer you will function as the voice of Twilio to our customers and partners, and operate as a subject matter expert for supporting our customers billing questions. You will contribute to the Voice of the Customer and document interactions, root causes and issue resolution to help drive product enhancements that improve product supportability, quality and ease of use.
We seek someone with:
- 3+ years experience in a client-facing customer / technical support role, delivering support for subscription and usage based billing solutions
- A demonstrated history of customer focus, empathy, active listening, and the ability to diplomatically address customer concerns and provide feedback
- Experience communicating complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences via phone and / or email
- A demonstrated ability to remain calm and effective at higher workloads as well as excelling at prioritization and evaluation of situational urgency
- Knowledge of general accounting principles or billing support
- Experience working with Salesforce, Quickbooks, Zuora or other financial management software tools
- Accountability - Being willing to answer for the outcomes resulting from their own choices, behaviors, and actions. Take ownership of situations that they're involved in
- Self Motivation and Focus - Motivated to do or achieve something because of one's own enthusiasm or interest, without needing pressure from others. Achieve what they set out to do before launching new initiatives.
As a Technical Support Engineer you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- WEAR THE CUSTOMERS SHOES: Provide product support for a wide range of customer inquiries received via telephone, email, social media and chat.
- DRAW THE OWL: Identify ways to improve existing processes and procedures.
- BE AN OWNER & BE BOLD: Be the point of escalation for complex issues within support, and escalate to Product and Engineering teams as necessary.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Coach, guide, assist newer members of the Customer Support team with customer issues.
- NO SHENANIGANS: Ensure Support SLAs and CSAT goals are consistently met and ticket queues are well managed.
We only succeed at Twilio when our customers succeed. An outstanding customer experience with our products as well as our service is an integral part of why customers choose Twilio, and your role is critical in ensuring the success here.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be based in Prague. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.