Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Data/Software Engineer to be a key member of the Corporate Data & Analytics organization with the focus on data engineering platforms/services based in Dublin, Ireland.
You will design and build data platforms and services, while managing our data infrastructure in cloud environments that fuels strategic business decisions across Twilio.
You will partner with other engineers and product managers to translate data needs into critical information that can be used to implement scalable data platforms and self service tools.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about solving problems using engineering and data, thrives in an evolving environment, brings an enthusiastic and collaborative attitude, and delights in making a difference.
As a successful candidate, you must have a deep background in data engineering and a proven record of solving data problems at scale leveraging distributed data systems. You are a self-starter, embody a growth mindset, and can collaborate effectively across the entire Twilio organization.
Twilio is looking for an exceptional individual who lives Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record in conceiving and delivering Data Warehouse solutions at company-wide scale.
- 6+ years of data engineering experience is a fast paced company that delivers software.
- Knowledge of all phases of software development including requirements analysis, design, coding, testing, debugging, implementation, and support.
- A good understanding of designing and building a highly scalable Data Warehouses and Data pipelines.
- Hands on Experience in SQL and Python ,Java ,Scala (any of 3) programming languages.
- Experience in building distributed environments using any of Kafka, Spark, Hive, Presto, Hadoop etc.
- Good understanding of architecture and functioning of Distributed database systems like Snowflake, Presto and Redshift (any) .
- Experience working with various file formats like Hudi, Parquet, Avro, ORC for large volumes of data
- Experience with one or more NoSQL databases such as Cassandra, MongoDB, DynamoDB is a plus.
- Strong understanding of engineering best practices and design principles
- Experience working in agile environment and iterative development
- Collaborative mindset and ability to work with distributed, cross-functional teams
- Solid communication skills and the ability to clearly articulate your point of view
- Bachelors/Masters degree in Computer Science required, or equivalent experience.
As a Data Integration Engineer, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- BE AN OWNER:
- Design and implement data management services for data trust, data compliance, data access and metadata management in the form of scalable and configurable while clearly articulating technical rationale behind your design and implementation choices
- Participate in Agile/Scrum activities including planning, standups, retrospectives; Provide point of view on user stories.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES:
- Partner with data architects, product managers and other engineers to ensure they have the right information about our services and platforms while ensuring happy customers.
- Listen to your customers’ challenges, identify opportunities, craft solutions, and deliver the right value at the right time.
- WRITE IT DOWN:
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication - ensure that complex ideas, thoughts, and vision can be communicated simply and effectively. You are expected to thrive in a highly collaborative environment.
- DRAW THE OWL:
- You’ll build highly scalable platforms and services that support rapidly growing data needs in Twilio. There’s no instruction book, it’s yours to write. You’ll figure it out, ship it, and iterate. You’ll invent the future, but you won’t wing it.
The Corporate Data & Analytics team is dedicated to providing data & insights for informed decision making across the entire organisation. Data engineers provide foundational solutions to enable our team to deliver on this goal.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be based in Dublin, Ireland. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.