Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Software Engineer (L3) to be a key contributor for our Customer Lifecycle engineering team, where you will develop and support features for a highly-leveraged platform utilized by our Customer Support, Compliance, Sales, Reseller and Billing teams to serve our customers. You will use the latest systems programming techniques and technologies including web services architecture and API’s. The person in this role will bring with them the ability to write and support backend services, communicate effectively with cross-functional teams across geographical time zones, and have a tremendous drive to hone their craft.
This position is ideal for an individual who can operate independently to solve common coding problems, can work with a team to break down and prioritize work, and has a good understanding and experience working in a software development life cycle. This individual is a self learner and self starter who is a competent developer looking to refine their skills.
Twilio is looking for a software engineer who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record of building and maintaining complex backend systems in a dynamic environment using the latest data center technologies, both on-prem and in the cloud.
They also have:
- 4+ years of software development experience with highly-available applications in a modern programming language (Ruby, Go, Python, Java, or C++).
- Expert OO experience and software engineering expertise (coding, automated tests, profiling, monitoring, etc).
- Demonstrated success in building and maintaining reliable, robust, and performant software that is scalable, testable and supportable.
- Experience building scalable web-based frameworks with extensible services to support features for various teams.
- Strong proficiency and recent experience in building RESTful API’s.
- Recent experience working with MySQL.
- Experience working on internal Platforms (bonus)
- Nice to have: experience delivering and supporting MVC-based web applications (e.g. Ruby on Rails)
As a Software Engineer (L3), you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- WRITE IT DOWN: Document technology decisions and implementations, and support epic and story refinement.
- DRAW THE OWL: Identify opportunities for improvement across both technology and process. Use your foresight and experience to keep our systems effectively running now and in the future through profiling, load testing, failure testing, monitoring and much more to have confidence in the robustness of the systems we deploy.
- BE AN OWNER & BE BOLD: Assist in all aspects of technology decisions, including strategy, efficiencies, open source offerings, and integration details. Champion meticulous, high quality engineering.
- BE INCLUSIVE: Collaborate to support strong team results and build effective working relationships.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Interact extensively across all functional teams within Twilio and encourage collaborative solutions.
- NO SHENANIGANS: Ensure the consistent exercise of appropriate judgment and transparency in all your communications and interactions. Use your engineering, communication and organizational skills to ensure we deliver what the business wants and needs.
The Customer Lifecycle group is central to Twilio's continued growth. We work closely with stakeholders and product teams to design and implement the infrastructure for all customer activities on our system. This includes everything from sign-up/sign-in to billing and account management. This role will ensure our customer support, sales, compliance and billing partners can provide effective and timely service to our key customers.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position can be remote, or located in our office at 1801 California Street in Denver, CO. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Salary Range: $109,824.00 - $151,008.00
Rest of Colorado:
Salary Range: $96096 - $132,132.00
Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks