Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking to hire a Sourcing/Category Specialist (Contractor) for the Strategic Sourcing team. This person will help drive key projects across technical and corporate services categories
You will be set up with our preferred contingent workforce vendor.
Twilio is looking for a strong individual contributor with 5+ yrs experience in technology and corporate sourcing including categories like Workplace/Facilities, Contingent Workforce,Human Resources, Professional Services (Finance,Legal, Accounting etc)
With a strong sourcing background you are a lead negotiator and will be well versed in various levers to attain cost savings demonstrable experience in delivering savings and value. The Sourcing/Category Specialist will source suppliers under a specific dollar threshold to support the Sourcing Managers while leveraging various tools and following the preferred process.
- Minimum 5-7 years experience in roles in Procurement
- Knowledge of RFx creation and able to draft, run, collate, and build scorecards and competitive bid diligence
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Supply Chain, Tech, Legal, Engineering, Marketing or related discipline or equivalent work experience
- Demonstrable negotiations experience negotiating contract commercial terms in indirect categories, preferably in the Business-to-Business or IT space
- Exceptional ability to redline/identify key ‘risky’ commercial and legal contract clauses and knowledge of utilizing different legal documents (MSA’s, Order forms, SOW’s). Ability to understand general Privacy and Security concerns
- An analytical mindset, able to make sound business decisions and have a strong aptitude in Excel pivot tables provide data driven insights
- A positive ‘can-do,’ service attitude, proactive, able to move fast and make well thought out decisions
- An exceptional communicator (written and verbal)
- Team player with a history of creating strong relationships with customers and business partners
- Experience using JIRA, Coupa, and Oracle is a plus
As Sourcing/Category Specialist, you will:
- Lead negotiations/ RFX/ RFQs for category items assigned, delivering savings and mitigating risk
- Deliver within the defined SLA’s, provide regular status reporting and operational metrics
- Determine appropriate RFX sourcing events, contract structures
- Utilize ROI, TCO analysis to develop data driven analysis identifying opportunities to gain leverage in deals or negotiations
- Negotiate all commercial aspects of contracts assigned
- Advise/assist internal customers regarding procurement process and associated procurement workflows for PR’s, PO’s and contracts
- Collaborate closely with partner teams like; AP, Legal, Sourcing, Finance, etc ensuring negotiations are in line with compliance process and budgets
- As an agile, fast growing company you should be able to manage ambiguity in this dynamic environment
The Strategic Sourcing Function is responsible for executing third party vendor strategy and procurement to serve Twilio’s Corporate needs through efficient global sourcing, continuously driving vendors toward optimal pricing, and terms. As Twilio grows, it is critical that we leverage our purchasing power and design a thoughtful and strategic global sourcing capability to keep our fellow Twilions supplied with all the support that they need from our third-party partners.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be remote in the US
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.