Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
If you like building new things and seeing the direct impact of your work, this role is for you. As an Employee Relations Manager at Twilio, you will provide regional problem resolution, performance management, education and prevention support across our growing business. You will provide expert consultation to and influence key stakeholders about making decisions on workplace concerns in keeping with the Twilio Magic. You will utilize independent judgment in conducting confidential internal investigations in a fair, professional and timely manner. As an Employee Relations Manager at Twilio, you will make recommendations to resolve issues in accordance with applicable laws and Company policies, practices and procedures. Prioritization and balancing time is a critical component for success in the position. Reporting into the Director, People Compliance and Employee Relations, this is an individual contributor role that will help build and grow the Company’s ER footprint in the EMEA region. The role is based in Dublin or London.
- Demonstrate consultation and influencing skills and perform as a trusted advisor to build cross-functional partnerships and collaboration at all levels primarily in EMEA and with global support as needed and across the People and Legal teams
- Review and advise on complex employee performance management situations and business reorganizations
- Conduct confidential internal investigations into allegations of violations of Twilio’s People Team policies to ensure fair treatment of all employees
- Advise and train partner teams on investigation processes and consult about disciplinary processes for non-People Team policy violations
- Collaborate with key partners on ER data insights, trends and opportunities to drive proactive solutions
- Provide critical input to the development, planning, interpretation, implementation and consistent application of People Team policies, practices and procedures across the company
- Develop and deliver training to HR Business Partners and assess manager development needs, make recommendations and implement appropriate solutions to better enable leaders
- Manage or participate on special projects / programs / continuous improvement initiatives requiring ER stakeholder input, as needed
- 6+ years related experience in an ER, HR business partner, workplace investigations or equivalent role
- Demonstrated judgment and experience assessing risk relative to the business
- Ability to build relationships, interface, and partner with HRBP and non-HR stakeholders to achieve results
- Working knowledge of EMEA employment laws in at least 2 EMEA countries, with knowledge of additional countries including the US considered a bonus. Must have the curiosity and ability to learn about laws in different countries
- Strong problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to handle confidential information and escalate issues when appropriate
- Demonstrated policy and procedure development and enforcement to ensure compliance
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to navigate successfully within ambiguity, with multiple priorities in a dynamic, fast-paced, changing environment
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Experience working at a high-growth technology organization
- Experience facilitating training
- Demonstrated project management and experience driving programs
As an Employee Relations Manager, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- BE AN OWNER & BE BOLD: Independently manage cases of diverse scope, identify solutions and lead with integrity
- DRAW THE OWL: Proactively create process improvements and operate in the gray
- WRITE IT DOWN: Create reports of investigative findings and document guidance and best practices
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES & BE INCLUSIVE: Make impartial recommendations to resolve employee concerns that promote a fair and inclusive workplace
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE & NO SHENANIGANS: Manage multiple cases simultaneously while prioritizing the most urgent needs on a variety of employment matters
The People team is central to Twilio's continued growth and engagement of our talent. Your unique skill set and experience are critical to help support the culture of inclusion and trust we have cultivated.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
This position will be located in the Dublin or London office. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial and emotional well-being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.