Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and is looking for a talented, passionate and curious Principal Software Engineer to be a key leader in extending Twilio’s platform to International customers. This person will be technical leader of a newly formed team that builds multi-region infrastructure platforms and customer facing services to support Twilio’s expansion into new Regions and points of presence across the globe. This position is critical in supporting Twilio’s International expansion and will build a platform that provides leverage to Twilio’s product and engineering teams.
Twilio is looking for a leader who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record of technical leadership. They also have:
- Hands-on experience developing and scaling sophisticated distributed systems based on Java technologies.
- Expertise in at least one web stack and framework
- Extensive experience scaling production backend systems
- Competence in designing and developing horizontally-scalable, resilient, and performing-under-load systems
- Passion about establishing software development standard methodologies and cultivate those by proactively mentoring your teammates
- Aptitude for leading cross-team technical discussions and decisions
- Competence in agile processes, continuous integration, and test automation
- Experience operating production services in the DevOps model
- Hands-on experience with cloud technologies such as AWS
- Experience with multi-region cloud architecture
As a Principal Software Engineer, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- DRAW THE OWL: You will lead and guide teams in determining the appropriate technologies, structuring of data, and workflows in support of high scale distributed systems.
- DON’T SETTLE: You will partner with other architects, technical leadership and stakeholders to ensure all technology solutions align with product, security, and your long term vision and roadmap.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: You must be a strong team leader. You enjoy mentoring and collaboration across engineering and product teams.
- BE AN OWNER: Ensure the successful delivery of projects from vision, through execution, and reliable, dependable, scalable, operations.
Twilio is a fast growing company, rapidly expanding the breadth of our product offerings and the geographies we serve. The Global Twilio team is responsible for one of the major growth vectors for Twilio. We work closely with a broad set of internal stakeholders and international customers to bring the Twilio product portfolio into new markets. Our work has a significant impact on the trajectory of the company.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
$146,240.00 - $182,800.00
Rest of Colorado:
$127,960.00 - $159,950.00
Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks