Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a high-performing finance leader to join the Commercial Finance team. The Sr. Manager, Commercial Finance will be highly cross-functional, requiring significant interaction with Sales Operations, Pricing & Packaging, Product and Super Network teams - as well as regional FP&A functions. You will build the analytics foundation and strategic analysis that will drive discounting guidelines globally, inform leadership of efficiency trends and opportunities, and directly influence the team and broader commercial productivity. Additionally, you will map and optimize processes to enable us to run a world-class commercial finance practice.
Twilio is looking for someone who has:
- 6+ years of relevant analytical and management experience in Commercial Finance, FP&A or Pricing.
- Exceptional analytical skills combined with strong communication skills.
- The ability to synthesize financial insights into relevant actionable items by building scalable processes and summarizing complex data.
- Experience navigating operational complexity and matrixed organizations.
- A track record of building successful teams.
- Demonstrated history in unit economics and portfolio analysis.
- Comfortable operating in a fast-paced and changing environment.
Your responsibilities will include:
- WRITE IT DOWN: Creating a monthly pace process to inform leadership on progress and articulate future deal opportunities.
- DRAW THE OWL: Assisting on ad hoc projects. Dissecting the product portfolio to inform discounting framework and thresholds at the product and country level.
- BE BOLD: Defining, implementing, measuring and reporting discounting initiatives and experiments, along with productivity metrics. Owning ongoing maintenance of master costs and execution of standard discounts.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Identifying root cause and drive execution of projects that maximize Commercial Finance efficiency.
- NO SHENANIGANS: Driving alignment across the global Commercial Finance function through leadership and significant interaction with Sales Operations, Pricing & Packaging, Product and Super Network teams.
- BE AN OWNER: Directly managing the NAMER Commercial Finance team in overseeing deal reviews, assisting on RFP requests, managing deal escalations, and working on custom deal structures. Working cross functionally to drive Twilio’s growth while maximizing deal economics.
Twilio is a complex, high-growth, and quickly evolving business. Visibility into how our products are performing is critical to making good business decisions. Your ability to identify and communicate trends, opportunities and problems--and more importantly, recommend a course of action--will play a critical role in charting Twilio’s future.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Tier 4 base salary range: $120,832 - $166,144
Rest of Colorado:
Tier 5 base salary range: $105,728 - $145,376
Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks