Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking Senior Software Engineers at multiple levels to be key members of our Consumer Trust team in San Francisco. You will also help us build solutions that prevent fraud and abuse, ensuring that Twilio is the leader in trusted communications. A successful candidate will be a self-starter, embody a growth mindset, collaborate optimally, can mentor junior engineers and operate highly resilient services.
Twilio is looking for a strong technical Engineer who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record of shipping high-quality software. They also have:
- A Masters or Bachelors degree required.
- 7+ years of experience developing highly-available web applications or distributed systems in Scala/Java, Python.
- Experience developing RESTful services.
- Experience with streaming systems such as Kafka, Flink, Spark
- Hands-on experience with SQL/NoSQL databases and caches.
- Experience developing products on AWS or Google Cloud Services.
- Strong expertise in solving complex production issues.
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and communication skills.
- Experience automating CI/CD pipelines.
- Expertise in configuration management for deploying, configuring, and handling servers and systems.
- Strong belief in automation over toil.
As a Senior Software Engineer:
- Work with a small and collaborative team, whiteboarding ideas, building APIs, products used to protect Twilio and its customers, as well save significant revenue loss while contributing to customer engagement and consumer trust.
- Help more junior developers by mentoring them, providing guidance, and positively influencing their careers.Work on full-stack development of platform tools and web services.
- Write unit tests and functional tests in a continuous delivery environment.
- Manage highly critical risk platform tools and vendor applications in the cloud.
- Own reliability for the team’s services and participate in an on-call rotation.
- Should be able to adapt to prioritizing multiple issues in a high-pressure environment.
- Should be able to understand complex architectures and be comfortable working with different teams.
- Ability to conduct performance analysis, capacity management and solve large scale distributed systems.
Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world’s telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications.
The Consumer Trust Team is central to Twilio's continued growth. Our mission is to prevent consumer harm by offering products and services that protect our customers and help them authenticate their users. We also ensure that every call, email and message that is made using our service is wanted, safe and legal. To do this we need to continue to develop and evolve our products and services and ensure they are able to scale; driving Twilio to new heights of scale.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our office in San Francisco. You will enjoy our office perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Salary Range: Developing Minimum - Premium Mid
Rest of Colorado:
Salary Range: Developing Minimum - Premium Mid
Sales Commission: Additionally, this role is eligible to earn commissions and eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
Non Sales: Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks