Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Corporate Development Director to be a key leader in the evaluation and execution of inorganic growth opportunities for Twilio globally. This role will either lead or assist in all aspects of potential M&A transactions - strategy formation, developing business cases, deal execution, and integration.
Reporting to the Head of Corporate Development, this position is a critical position that will support Twilio’s inorganic growth efforts throughout the entire M&A lifecycle. This person will be the key contact point for acquisition targets, as well as a cross-functional internal liaison across internal teams at Twilio.
Twilio is looking for a leader who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record of leading M&A transactions. They also have:
- 10+ years of experience in investment banking, corporate development, private equity, venture capital, or management consulting and have a strong preference for someone with prior experience in a corporate development role at a technology (software) company.
- Strong analytical skills, fluency in performing rigorous financial, valuation, and broad quantitative analyses and familiarity with accounting & key operational metrics.
- Technical ability to understand software and recognize areas of product integration, discuss product roadmaps, and engage with product managers.
- Technically savvy and experience with the cloud, APIs, communications, and enterprise software
As a Corporate Development Director, you will help refine Twilio's overall M&A process and strategy, while working closely with the product, engineering, sales, marketing, legal, HR, and finance teams. While the primary focus on the role will be on M&A, you may also be involved with other strategic initiatives. You will live the Twilio Magic values:
- DRAW THE OWL: As the Corporate Development Director, you will identify and qualify new inorganic growth ideas from internal and external sources and drive end-to-end execution of M&A.
- BE AN OWNER: Leading or assisting in all aspects of transactions, including strategy formation, developing business cases, deal execution, and integration. You will interact extensively across all functional teams within Twilio and have significant exposure to our executive leadership.
- NO SHENANIGANS: Evaluate synergy opportunities and risks in potential transactions
- BE BOLD: Work closely with internal partners to identify initiatives and strategies that can enable our customers
- WRITE IT DOWN: Analyze strategic markets and provide key findings to internal stakeholders.
The Corporate Development team is central to Twilio's continued growth. We work closely with senior leadership and product teams to guide company strategy. We lead all aspects of identifying, evaluating, and executing M&A transactions that drive inorganic growth and have a significant impact on the overall direction of the company.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado.
Tier 4 base salary range: $160,000 - $221,232
Rest of Colorado:
Tier 5 base salary range: $150,840 - $207,405
Non Sales: Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks