Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
At Twilio, our mission is to power the future of communications. We believe that communication should be at the heart of every product and customer experience. Our customers range from individual developers to large enterprises that are well known brand names and they collectively interact with millions of consumers.
We are looking for someone to help us conduct quality assurance reviews on user vetting, policy abuse, and fraud prevention investigations processes, such as assessing the actions taken by specialists as a result of their investigations which could include but is not limited to, the quality of outgoing customer communications.
The quality review is required to determine whether actions taken adheres to established quality objectives as part of our focus on continuous improvement. Additionally, you will need to identify and document process gaps and/or improvements and will be responsible for documenting the quality review results thoroughly, drafting procedure reinforcement Communications and delivering quality reviews to Operational Specialists.
The ideal candidate has excellent research and investigation skills, is detail oriented, able to ramp and learn complex information quickly, and comfortable using data to identify patterns and trends. In this role, you will work with team members across our operations team to confirm that the team is accurately identifying false positives and false negatives as it relates to potential fraud or policy violation, provide ongoing feedback on investigations, and through quality review improve fraud and abuse system rule quality which will ultimately result in improving our customer service experience.
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree in a business or technology discipline or equivalent job experience.
- You have 2+ years of experience working cases in the compliance, fraud or abuse space.
- You have impeccable judgement, being able to balance business needs and customer service when making decisions.
- You are comfortable providing feedback to other operational Specialists.
- You have worked around compliance, fraud, or abuse tooling or other rules engines and understand how to look at false positive and false negative trends that describe overall system and policy accuracy.
- You have the ability to identify and document process gaps and recommend improvements.
- You have worked with a team to make a system or rule more accurate and have knowledge of how to test rules and policies before impacting live traffic at-scale.
- You’re empathetic and love working with customers to solve their problems, backed with data.
- You are detail-oriented with great organizational skills and comfort with ambiguity.
- You have strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills and are able to articulate concepts/ideas in a clear, concise manner.
- You have demonstrated experience driving process improvements that improve customer experience.
As a Consumer Trust Operations QA Analyst, you will live the Twilio Magic by:
- WEARING THE CUSTOMER'S SHOES: Protect Twilio customers and consumers through ongoing audits of cases worked and by identifying opportunities to improve investigations, decisions, and communications, reducing false negatives and false positives in the process.
- BE BOLD: Identify trends and gaps in training and operating procedures/ runbooks, and recommend appropriate changes and additions to them.
- BE AN OWNER: Use a variety of internal and external tools to review cases worked, report on results and develop improvement plans.
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Ensure the most critical improvement areas are addressed first and that the best actions to help improve results are being taken/prioritized.
- BE INCLUSIVE: Collaborate with investigators, product managers and other Twilions to incorporate feedback and inform initiatives.
- DRAW THE OWL: Design and optimize new processes to ensure our customers have an excellent experience with Twilio.
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. We do that by focusing relentlessly on building the most robust, programmable, customer-centric communications platform on the planet. Twilio daily reaches more than 5 million developers globally and every month, billions of voice and video calls are made and billions of messages are exchanged using our platform. We are in the middle of an incredible transformation of communications. Both consumers and businesses are changing how they communicate using new methods that are at the same time more delightful and much more powerful. We believe communications are at the heart of trustworthy interactions between people. In a more privacy and security focused world, Twilio is committed to ensuring that we have trustworthy customers on our platform and we’re able to propagate that trust into the ecosystem. This way Twilio’s customers remain compliant and have the most engaged and relevant communications on the planet. This is a unique opportunity for a product leader to take ownership of an essential part of our strategy and help take Twilio to the next level.
This position will be located in our beautiful and well-designed office at Veerenni 38 in Tallinn, though considering the world’s current circumstances will start as remote from your home in Estonia.
Around the world, Twilio offers great benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.