Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Senior Salesforce Developer on our Services Operations team to help support and scale our Services Business Units. You will join an Operations team full of creative problem solvers and proactive tinkerers who enjoy bringing efficiency to services operations at scale. As the first member of our Services Salesforce staff, you will take ownership of our current solutions and third party systems, identify and solve functionality gaps, and design new solutions from the ground up. Additionally, you will help us grow our Salesforce practice and build a distributed team in 2021 and beyond. The ideal candidate has experience architecting, developing, and managing production Salesforce applications for post sales use cases such as Partners, Customer Success, and Professional Services. In this role, you will work closely with our program, data, sales operations, and engineering teams to enable world-class experiences for internal Twilions and customers alike.
We are looking for a versatile Salesforce Developer who can help push our Services teams to the next level by providing powerful applications, automation, and insights that improve their efficiency. You are:
- Customer focused, and have empathy for our users’ needs and the businesses enabled by our operations team. You understand that Twilio Services are key to building lasting trust and relationships with our customers.
- Product focused, and take pride and ownership of Salesforce user interfaces, data models, and integrations that will create a frictionless experience for Twilio employees and customers.
- Business focused, and have experience operating closely with revenue generating teams which grow and protect the bottom line.
- Passionate about modern Salesforce development, familiar with established industry standards, and curious about new technologies.
- Technically savvy and preferably have experience with APIs, communications, enterprise software, and/or cross-channel systems. Familiar with third party Salesforce applications such as Gainsight or Cloud Coach and SaaS software such as Zendesk.
- Strong computer science fundamentals and hands on experience with Salesforce Data Modeling and Lightning Components. Familiarity with Salesforce Lightning Community is a plus.
- 3+ years of experience architecting and implementing Salesforce systems and applications
- 1+ years of experience administering Salesforce
- Salesforce Certified Platform Developer required
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
As a Salesforce Developer, you live the Twilio Magic by:
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: You think backwards from a customer perspective and continuously iterate and improve on our Salesforce solutions to raise the bar for our Services team members.
- BE AN OWNER: Own the execution of your work from design through delivery. You are passionate about code quality and demonstrate ownership across the end-to-end Salesforce development lifecycle.
- WRITE IT DOWN: Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication - ensure that complex software plans, designs, and implementations are communicated clearly and effectively to our engineers and stakeholders.
- DRAW THE OWL: Identify innovative approaches from internal and external sources, and experiment to deliver Salesforce solutions that move the needle on our business metrics using data to drive decision-making.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: You are comfortable working in high-performing, self-organizing teams and trust yourself and others to get the job done on time and on quality. You embrace agile development and working in a distributed team.
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: You are able to find signal in the noise and hold a high standard for helping the team choose what to work on when. You digest organizational problems into executable chunks and index highly on impact.
Services Engineering team is a growing engineering team in the Go To Market (GTM) organization with a charter to serve the business needs of our Partners, Customer Success, Professional Services, and Support organizations. You will help us deliver the Salesforce backbone that empowers our teams and partners to meet or exceed their goals across the end-to-end customer journey.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Salary range: 109,824 - 137,280
Rest of Colorado:
Salary range: 96,096 - 120,120
Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks