Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking an experienced Software Engineering Manager to hire, grow and develop a new engineering team in Bangalore, India. This key leader will have the opportunity to build our Enablement Engineering team from the ground up, and execute on our overarching mission to improve the productivity of our Services businesses, including Customer Support, Professional Services and Customer Success at Twilio.
- Live by and champion our cultural values of the Twilio Magic
- Responsible for the overall health and success of your engineering team
- Establish standard methodologies for how we operate
- Work effectively with Program and Product Managers to execute on our roadmap and priorities, and deliver business value to our partners
- Provide performance feedback and coaching for the team, including creating staff development plans and mentoring your team in a way that reflects the needs of individual developers
- Drive efficiency, predictability and quality of our software work you're doing
- Provide oversight of the technical architecture and engineering product
- Work collaboratively with peers and partner successfully with engineering managers and leaders across Twilio
- Establish an Agile development culture and develop the continuous delivery of features and services
- We're an agile, fast growing company and this job description isn't meant to be a complete list of your qualifications or all of the things you'll do
As an Engineering Manager, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- BE AN OWNER: You are proactive and take responsibility for your engineering team, and the products we develop across the end-to-end software lifecycle.
- WRITE IT DOWN: Develop structures, processes and mechanisms to set up your team for success and create transparency for how you operate.
- DRAW THE OWL: Collaborate with Program and Product Managers, Architects, and Engineering teams to deliver new user experiences.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Challenge your developers by communicating the business problems we want to solve, not prescribing solutions for them to implement.
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Partner with stakeholders and Services teams to drive productivity improvements and maximize impact against our priorities.
- NO SHENANIGANS: Ensure clear and transparent communications.
The Services Operations team provides industry leading technical solutions, data analytics, and programs that enable Twilio customers and the Services business to be more efficient and effective. We seek to deliver a world class customer experience that showcases the value of Twilio products. This is an opportunity to join a diverse, passionate and high-performing team and to help us scale the Services business at Twilio.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be based out of our Twilio office in Bangalore, India. Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. You can enjoy our office perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.