Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
The Infrastructure Engineering team is building a world-class platform for Twilio’s developers. Our mission is to provide every Twilio engineer with the tools they need to quickly build reliable, scalable, and secure products. We need a talented product manager to create the vision and definition for the services this team provides. The successful candidate will form a nuanced understanding of the needs of our internal customers and ensure that our platform delivers an exceptional developer experience to meet them.
We are looking for a Product Manager who is familiar with the way software is built.
- You have experience creating product strategy for platform and infrastructure services. A computer science background, and working knowledge of cloud native infrastructure is a plus.
- You are passionate about working at world-scale, and bring with you a focus on usability, reliability, and accessibility of services.
- As an advocate for the developer experience you seek a deep understanding of your customers and are adept at identifying their problems and arriving at elegant solutions to those problems.
- You understand that there is no silver bullet to efficient operations and that successful outcomes result from a data-driven culture of constant analysis and optimization.
- You are comfortable serving as a product manager within an Agile environment. You are technical enough to convey problem statements to engineering with credibility and conviction.
- You are “hungry” and drive highly productive outcomes across the teams you lead. You are meticulous, with strong attention to detail and an ability to manage multiple initiatives to execution.
- An inspiring cross-functional leader – You communicate clearly and crisply and can help educate the company on the nuances of dev environments. You develop trusting relationships internally and can rally the entire organization to ensure your initiatives result in intended business outcomes.
As the Platform Infrastructure Product Manager you will live by and champion our Twilio Magic cultural values.
- WRITE IT DOWN: Understand the problems of your target users through interviews, usage data, support tickets, and other sources to validate the most compelling solutions.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Champion a customer-first and metrics-driven approach to product management.
- DRAW THE OWL: Lead teams from initial evaluation of ideas through the product development process to deliver experiences that our customers love and value.
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Develop, prioritize, and communicate the opportunity backlog for your programs.
- BE INCLUSIVE: Partner with engineering leads to create a compelling roadmap and deliver against it via an Agile development process.
- BE AN OWNER: Communicate your projects internally to diverse cross-company product teams.
You will define the product strategy for an ecosystem of services that are the foundation for the Platform team’s hybrid cloud strategy. In order to maintain our leadership position in the customer engagement space we must continue to create innovative services that support our developers and allow them to confidently deploy code to best for purpose environments. You will partner with some of the brightest minds in the industry to push the boundaries of web-scale service delivery.
The Infrastructure Engineering team is central to Twilio's Platform strategy. The ecosystem of tools that our department creates are the foundation for the Platform teams data center services. Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located remote in the US. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Salary Range: $132,928 - $182,776
Rest of Colorado:
Salary Range: $116,312 - $159,929
Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks