Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Global Expansion Program Manager to be a key driver in executing against Twilio’s long term location strategy. This role will partner with business leaders to develop strategies and a business case for new countries, then lead cross functional teams from diligence through implementation. You will also identify and implement mechanisms to monitor progress, drive alignment, and surface and drive for critical decisions. This role requires tight focus on business outcomes while guiding to solutions aligned with our corporate goals, proactively identify pivots needed along the way. You will leverage your best project and program management skills, influence up and across, and partner with dozens of groups across the company and globe. Humble, collaborative, practical, resourceful, this is an opportunity to be part of a new and growing organization, at the forefront of driving Twilio’s growth strategy. The role reports to the Head of Location & Growth Planning and is remote eligible in the U.S, Canada, and Ireland.
Twilio is looking for a Program Manager who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record of leading broad cross-functional projects. They also have:
- 5-7 years rigorous project and/or program management
- Skilled at project management practices and driving for decisions with cross functional partners and executives, working alongside the business, HR, Tax, Accounting, IT & Real Estate
- Organized and action oriented, skilled at blocking and tackling, managing priorities, and driving for results
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills to convey complex concepts or drive for decisions
- Experience working across global teams or initiatives, seeking and integrating diverse points of view and requirements into projects
- Ability to manage confidential and sensitive data with judgement and discretion
- Experience with identifying process and program gaps, creating new solutions, and standardizing with process improvements and playbooks
- Demonstrated experience at building trust-based relationships and influencing without positional authority
- Passionate about taking complex, unstructured problems and driving for impact
As a Location Program Manager, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- DRAW THE OWL: Lead or assist in all aspects of location expansion, including strategy formation, developing business cases, diligence, execution, and monitoring.
- WRITE IT DOWN: Efficiently and effectively communicate findings to cross-functional teams, senior leadership and broader Twilio organization for decision and investment.
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Actively seek to elevate the right opportunities at the right time, to maximize business impact.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Interact extensively across all functional teams within Twilio and support teams through servant leadership. .
- NO SHENANIGANS: Ensure the consistent exercise of appropriate judgment and objectivity in evaluating opportunities, conducting due diligence, and driving toward common objectives.
The Location Management Team is central to Twilio's continued growth. We work closely with senior leadership to define and enable the company's short and long term location footprint. This team at the start of this journey and focused on influencing and building new growth paths and ways of working for Twilio. You will be working on impactful projects with multiple options to add value, and interfacing across organizations, regions, and levels. We are part of the larger Business Operations team, with the opportunity to work on projects outside the location speciality over time.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.