Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Manager, Program Management for Email Platform. In this role you will be a key leader in the Twilio Email Platform team and build and adopt program management for cross functional and cross BU efforts. You will manage various programs, meet with internal customers and stakeholders, and build a plan for teams to execute and be accountable and improve efficiencies throughout Twilio.
Twilio is looking for a leader who lives the Twilio Magic and has proven success partnering cross-functionally inside and outside the R&D org to align resources to accomplish project deliverables and lead product operations. They also have:
- Experience at building and leading a program management function with 5-8 years of experience leading program/product managers.
- 15+ years experience in technical roles 8+ years leading technical operations or programs
- Exceptional program management skills, the ability to track, identify risks to mitigate, manage complex processes, and a desire to collaborate with multiple teams and multiple projects.
- Track record of successfully partnering with cross-functional teams especially with engineering teams, compliance teams, GTM teams, and product teams; collaboration and relationship-building is key.
- Experience leading major re-factor or re-architecture programs, or projects that required customer migration from one solution to another
- A natural strategic problem-solver. You are comfortable with ambiguity and 80/20 thinking to quickly tease through complexity and bring structure to uncertainty. You effectively identify and articulate implications up and downstream, taking action or calling out as appropriate.
- Experience with organizational change, technical integrations or teams spanning organizational and third-party boundaries. Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience in spotting blockers and dependency problems in advance of impact and moving solutions for these blockers forward
- Expert knowledge of standard processes of program management and scrum methodology, ability to drive standardization and process efficiencies.
- Ability to influence without authority (both horizontally and vertically), analytical talent and leadership along with the capacity to thrive and succeed in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to articulate verbally and written.
As a Manager, Program Management, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- BE BOLD: Identify and lead projects/ initiatives that help us improve as an organization.
- WRITE IT DOWN: Establish and ensure appropriate reporting of program metrics, performance, and overall patterns and trends.
- Establish and drive adoption of program frameworks, tools and standard methodologies.
- Define, measure and forecast KPIs based on new and existing business metrics and report to leadership
- DRAW THE OWL: Assess existing processes, identify problem areas, and implement solutions to constantly drive increased efficiency, productivity, and quality in a measurable way. Consolidate technical and business operating metrics and lead a regular review of program metrics & health
- NO SHENANIGANS: Navigate complex decisions that require striking the right balance between business growth and risk mitigation objectives.
- Wear our customer’s shoes and work directly with customers to identify solutions to new issues and operationalize them by defining new processes
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Consistently raise the bar and ensure the operations team achieves performance goals and objectives.
- BE AN OWNER:
- Develop and implement comprehensive internal programs to keep the org aligned and meet business objectives.
- Lead and manage successful delivery of high impact and highly multi-functional programs
- Partner with product to ensure ongoing alignment of priorities that map from the overall strategy down to delivery
- Coordinate with Product and Engineering teams to drive the execution of large scale and highly interdependent projects
- Collaborate within R&D and other organizations to evolve and standardize our processes
- Intimately understand the set of programs and goals in order to lead key trade-off decisions that ensure the highest priority work remains the focus and call out unresolved issues
Twilio is a fast growing company, rapidly expanding the breadth of our product offerings and the geographies we serve. The Core Email Platform Product team is one of the major growth opportunities for Twilio. We work closely with a broad set of internal stakeholders and customers. Our work has a significant impact on the trajectory of the company. Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications.
This position can be remote or in our Irvine, CA or Denver, CO office. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Salary Range: $132,928.00 - $ 182,776
Rest of Colorado:
Salary Range: $116,312.00 - $159,929.00
Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks