Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is looking for a Technical Support Engineer - Flex to join our EMEA team supporting our customers’ with their integration of Twilio Flex. You will function as the voice of Twilio to our customers and partners and function as a subject matter expert for Twilio’s platform.
We’re looking for someone who is excited by solving tough problems and enjoys helping others work through complex technical issues. You’re a strong communicator to both technical and non-technical audiences via phone or email and you’re able to empathize with frustrated customers from all backgrounds. You enjoy collaborating with colleagues on your team, help them with the day to day challenges, and are able to contribute ideas on how to improve the team’s work.
You should have a firm understanding of the technology stacks common to the Web ecosystem and experience. You’ve got strong time management skills, work well in a fast paced environment, and are efficient at getting work done while still following standard processes and procedures.
Twilio is looking for new Technical Support Engineers to join our EMEA Flex Support team. We are seeking candidates with:
- A good understanding of OOP is necessary.
- Bonus skills:
- Serverless (Lambda) experience.
- Expertise with both native and mobile applications is a great bonus
- Good knowledge of RESTful technology, previous work with APIs and ability to understand and solve issues with cloud solutions.
- Skills in fixing network connectivity issues, with an understanding of TCP/UDP, and basics of SSL/TLS.
- High competency in communicating complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences via phone or email mediums.
- Advanced time management skills, ability to work well under pressure, and proficiency at developing workflows to increase resolution efficiency while still following standard processes and procedures.
- Third level qualification in Computer Science, Network Engineering, or a related discipline, or relevant experience related to this position.
Bonus: strong written and verbal communication skills in multiple languages (German, French, Spanish, Italian...)
As a Technical Support Engineer on our Support team, you will live the Twilio Magic:
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER'S SHOES: Provide product support for common customer inquiries received via the telephone, email and chat
- NO SHENANIGANS: Help our customers to use our Console interface and help them with questions related to their account configurations, billing issues, and phone number capabilities, requirements and provisioning, ensuring that they are able to understand and get the most out of their Twilio experience
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Prioritize customer interactions to expedite urgent customer needs
- BE INCLUSIVE: Collaborate with your teammates and the Twilio Product and Engineering teams via Slack as well as filing JIRAs to report reproducible defects
- BE AN OWNER: Report any trends, incidents, known issues that may arise while triaging the ticketing system. Work to surface and document customer pain points to assist in process improvement
- DON’T SETTLE: Review internal knowledge bases to stay up on industry shifts and standards
We are there when our customers need us, 24/7, and this position may require working an irregular shift, including the weekend (shifts are subject to change based on evolving team and customer needs). This position will also require supporting our customers on holidays to ensure that our customer’s needs are met.
We only succeed at Twilio when our customers succeed. An outstanding customer experience with our products as well as our service is an integral part of why customers choose Twilio, and your role is critical in ensuring the success here.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position can be located be located in Dublin or Prague. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.