Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is seeking a senior software engineer on the Enterprise team. You will join a multi-functional team and collaborate with Product Manager, Architects, and a hardworking group of engineers to build new features which add value to Twilio’s growing number of enterprise customers. This engineer will own, operate, and maintain the teams’ services in a highly scalable distributed production environment.
Twilio is looking for an engineer who lives Twilio Magic and has a proven track record of production level software development. They also have:
- 2+ years of software development experience with cloud application development
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related industry experience
- Successful track record of delivering and maintaining reliable, scalable, traceable and performant distributed systems to customers in a production cloud environment
- Extensive experience with building and using REST APIs
- Experience with:
- Java or C++ with experience in multi-threaded programming
- Experience with distributed systems
- Agile development and is comfortable decomposing complex problem statements and comfortable coordinating activities of other personnel
- Nice to haves:
- Relational Databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL or equivalent)
- Production experience using Amazon Web Services
- Distributed in-memory datastore (Redis, Memcached, Hazelcast or equivalent)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills - You are confident in writing down and presenting your designs and decisions throughout the development lifecycle. You are also comfortable providing and receiving feedback in an Agile environment
As a software engineer, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- WRITE IT DOWN: You embrace putting your ideas, plans and updates into GitHub, JIRA, Wikis or Google docs.
- DRAW THE OWL: When you and the team encounter challenges, you pride yourself in being able to pave a safe path to continue execution.
- BE AN OWNER & BE BOLD: You can lead or assist in all aspects of software development.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: You like to collaborate with and invest in your peers including Product Managers to deliver a meaningful product to the customers.
Programmable Messaging & Voice are some of Twilio’s foundational channels which empower our customers and internal product teams to build delightful solutions. The features you deliver will be used by thousands of customers at scale, often as their business’ lifeline. Use cases range from contact centers to healthcare services, from warehouse staff to COVID-19 contact tracings. We’re excited to see what you will build!
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly outstanding; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed, and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation, and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our Bogota office. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.