Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
At Twilio, our mission is to power the future of communications. Twilio Flex is a fully programmable cloud contact center platform that enables mission critical customer communications for businesses such as Lyft, Shopify and many others.
We are looking for a Software Engineering Manager to lead and grow a team that powers platform services for Flex enabling critical functionality such as Billing for Flex customers and other internal teams.
Twilio is looking for a manager who lives the Twilio Magic and has:
- Track record of leading software teams.
- Passion about operational excellence and know-how to build an engineering organization that delivers it.
- Exposure to modern web technologies and engineering client or server side systems.
- Familiarity with agile processes, continuous integration and test automation.
- Ability to work with customer requirements and experience collaborating with Engineering, Sales, Support and other Teams within the organization.
- As a pragmatist, you are able to distill complex and ambiguous situations into actionable plans for your team.
- Strong communication skills and desire to make an impact and thrive in small, collaborative, energetic teams.
We welcome candidates with different levels of seniority and experience.
As an Engineering Manager, you will:
- BE INCLUSIVE: Lead and grow a team of passionate engineers. Provide support and guidance that enables the team to self-organize and to achieve sustained high velocity and predictability.
- BE AN OWNER & WRITE IT DOWN: Collaborate on roadmaps with Product Managers, Architects and Tech Leads to ensure the team has clear direction and priorities. Break down roadblocks as well as manage communications with stakeholders and dependent teams. Create a culture of continuous improvement through retrospection.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES & DON’T SETTLE: Institute development best practices to ensure that the team produces high quality, well architected and supportable code. Customer Trust is your number one priority.
- EMPOWER OTHERS & NO SHENANIGANS: Help employees grow through career development, coaching and mentoring. You’ll help provide a clear path for progression through personal development plans, goal setting, performance evaluations and you’ll collaborate with employees on their objectives.
- BE BOLD & DRAW THE OWL: As a member of the Engineering Management team, foster leadership principles and behaviors throughout the organization to groom the next generation of leaders. Act as an ambassador for Twilio, recruiting and motivating top talent.
Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world’s telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications.
With the launch of Flex, Twilio introduces a new type of platform for applications which has the potential to disrupt traditional monolithic application vendors in the same way API platforms disrupted traditional infrastructure services for communications, compute and payments.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we’re dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
This position will be located in our beautiful and well-designed office at Veerenni 38 in Tallinn, though considering the world’s current circumstances will start as remote from your home in Estonia. We are also open to candidates from the Prague area in Czech Republic. We offer true ownership of your own work, great salary package, Twilio RSUs (stock, NYSE: TWLO), mobile phone, fitness and wellness reimbursement and private medical healthcare options including dental plan.
What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook. Do you want to experience all of this with the best people? Join us!
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.