Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Sales Development Representative - to join our team working with our Global network of A2P SMS telecommunication partners and our internal experts to expand the partnership strategy to deliver the Twilio service to our Customers.
This role will be responsible for inbound and outbound lead generation to expand our supply portfolio for our messaging products in accordance with Twilio’s financial goals, quality standards, and product feature requirements. Reporting to the Manager of Strategic Business Development, this position is critical and will support Twilio’s expansion within the Carrier Relations Team.
Twilio is looking for an Inbound/Outbound SDR who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record of being a team player and result-oriented. They also have:
- 2-4 years of A2P SMS messaging sourcing experience in the CPaaS/SaaS/Messaging Ecosystem OR 2-3 years of closing experience in another industry.
- A go-getter attitude, who wants to develop new and innovative communications workflows.
- General understanding of Sales Enablement/Lead Generation Platforms (Outreach), CRM, and prospecting tools.
- Feels comfortable in any vertical and is technically curious.
- Thrives on helping Twilio solve key routing challenges and enabling our Customer use cases..
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required.
As a Sales Development Representative, you will drive results leveraging many of our core principles using the Twilio Magic:
- DON'T SETTLE: Growth mindset of exceeding expectations and targets.
- DRAW THE OWL: Partnering with our Regional and Global Supply teams to build creative inbound and outbound lead programs that build the pipeline globally.
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Research and build new and existing accounts via adding contacts, outbound calling efforts, inbound follow-ups from lead generation channels.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER SHOES: Develop strong relationships (both internal and external), and excel at building long-lasting partnerships with prospective customers.
The Carrier Relations Global Business Development team is a strategic component of our Carrier Relations and Message Exchange Teams. The global messaging lead generation specialist will look to capture the attention of aggregators not yet working with Twilio. The team plays an integral role in building out our connectivity base and bringing additional value to our customers.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our London office at Soho Square, though considering the world’s current circumstances will start as remote from your home in United Kingdom.
You will enjoy our office perks: catered meals, snacks, ergonomic desks, monthly All Hands, pool table and more. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.