Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Product Support Engineer to drive design for supportability and escalation response in order to deliver the best customer experience. You will be a key bridge between customers using our Flex contact center product and our product design & engineering teams that are developing it. In this role, you will also be responsible for helping customers understand how the product works in detail and make sure all this is captured accurately in our documentation and training materials. This position is critical to ensure that our customers get the best results from the Twilio products that they use and will ensure that they feel supported when issues arise.
Twilio is looking for a person with a demonstrated track record of supporting customers from small business to enterprises through any communication channel
- Advanced experience with business intelligence tools such as GoodData, Tableau, Looker etc. including custom queries and complex metrics building
- Ability to reproduce customer issues in order to resolve them, create scripts and use a variety of Twilio and 3rd party APIs
- 2+ years working in a customer-facing support role with strong attitude of owning customer issues and relentless focus on their prompt resolution
- Experience with data analysis using spreadsheets and associated tools (i.e. Pivot tables, charts, etc).
- Basic documentation writing skills
- Strong analytical skills with an emphasis on problem solving.
- A demonstrated passion for sharing knowledge and experience through coaching and mentoring.
- The technical ability to understand software and recognize areas of product improvement, discuss product roadmaps, and engage with product managers
- Experience in debugging/coding; Specific experience with a React environment is a plus.
As a Product Support Engineer for Flex, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- Create and edit documentation articles describing the product functionality and best practices
- Help create training content for customers to be able to start using the product faster
- Ensure that the Support Team is prepared to support new product releases and work with them to identify and address skill and knowledge gaps
- Provide a second tier of support in addressing complex customer issues and will share your expertise in these situations by coaching as needed
- Work with our Product Engineering Team to provide Design for Supportability input to ensure that our products have the right level of self-service tools for our customers and the right diagnostic tooling for our Support Team
- Share customer feedback and share pain points with the Product Engineering Team through regular meetings and reports, using data to show why we need their help and assisting them in prioritization
- Work within the Supportability Engineering Team to foster best-known methods and best practices to help elevate the team and standardize excellence. You are relentless in the pursuit of improvements while at the same time valuing progress over perfection
- Own customer issues end to end and actively work with your colleagues in Twilio in resolving them
- Travel required up to 5% of the time for regional training and trips to HQ.
The Product Support (Supportability) Engineering Team acts as a link between our Customer Support Team and the Product and Engineering Teams. You will ensure that the Support Team is prepared to support new product releases and work with them to identify and address skill and knowledge gaps. You will provide a second tier of support in addressing complex customer issues and will share your expertise in these situations by coaching as needed. We work closely with senior leadership and product teams to guide company strategy.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be based in North America and may either be based in one of our US offices, remotely, or a hybrid. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
$74,994 - $93680
$65,576 - $81,970
Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks