Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
At Twilio, product managers are responsible for every aspect of the product. From concept to API design to go-to-market planning to revenue ownership. You will touch every team within Twilio, and have full responsibility and autonomy to grow your products. You will lead the product requirements required to build and operate real-time, highly-scalable distributed services that must operate at better than five 9s availability, all while the product grows at an exponential growth rate.
Twilio is looking for a ML focused Senior Product Manager to join the Data Activation Products (DAP) team. Our group strives to improve customer engagement on Twilio channels by unleashing the value of data within the Twilio ecosystem. We do this by activating data from its silos, augmenting the value of that data, and building additive layers that span and connect multiple Twilio services in order to form a cohesive, trusted system. We understand the value of machine learning (ML), and use it to help our customers unlock value from their data. Working side by side with other product managers and engineering counterparts, you will collaborate to craft and deliver on the vision, strategy, and roadmap for DAP at Twilio.
Twilio is looking for a leader who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record of Product Development. They also have:
- 7+ years in product management in a fast-paced company. You have hustle and know how to knock down barriers to get to your objective.
- Technically savvy and project experience with the cloud, APIs, communications, enterprise software, and AI/ML is a plus
- You are curious, collaborative, humble and have empathy as a key trait.
- You are a strategic thinker and thrive operating in broad scope, from conception through continuous operation of 24x7 services.
- You have solved complex problems and have the aptitude to navigate uncharted waters.
- The ability to solicit customer requirements from many - often competing - sources, prioritize, and work with engineering and design to deliver
- Collaborative mindset and ability to work with distributed, cross-functional teams.
- Great communication skills. You're equally at home on stage presenting to an audience of developers as you are coming up with product requirements. Your best days are the ones where you do both in the same day.
- Previous experience as a developer and the ability to have a comfortable conversation with developers.
- Experience managing products at various stages of maturity, from legacy to greenfield
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
As a Senior Product Manager, you will be doing many things including:
- BE AN OWNER & BE BOLD: Own the roadmap of your product/area for DAP.
- BE INCLUSIVE: Work directly with peers on your roadmap and build products for both internal and external customers
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES & DRAW THE OWL: Be the leading expert on our customers, understanding what and how they are building, where they get stuck, and what tools or tech will make their jobs easier.
- WRITE IT DOWN: Report on both the business and operational performance of your products and customers on a weekly basis
- BE BOLD & NO SHENANIGANS: Work with cross functional teams to grow a global multi-million dollar business.
Brands globally are incorporating more and more data into their workflows, and are combining multiple disparate systems together to accomplish their goals. This is hard work, and our customers need help. Our team builds products that help customers activate their data inside the Twilio ecosystem, and unleash its true potential.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. With 6 million developers on the platform, you will have the opportunity to have an impact on a massive scale. Your job will be to turn developers into heros!
We employ diverse talent from all over the world and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
$120,832 - $166,144
Rest of Colorado:
$105,728 - $145,376
Non Sales: Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks