Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is looking for a Software Engineer for our Identity Platform Team. You will join one of our Customer Model teams, powering Twilio’s IAM platform. Everything that you will be part of has a big scale. A successful candidate will be a self-starter, who never settles, is ready to jump into a variety of technologies and languages and is able to coordinate and collaborate with other teams, as well as mentor other engineers.
Twilio is looking for an engineer who lives the Twilio Magic. They also have:
- 5+ years of experience building resilient, high-throughput services and distributed systems.
- Comfortable with asynchronous and multi-threaded concepts and languages.
- Experience with technologies like MySQL, Cassandra, Kafka, Redis, Memcached.
- Strong understanding of REST APIs.
- Knows that the code you ship is only as dependable and predictable as the tests you write.
- Experience troubleshooting complex production issues.
- Loves to make an impact and thrive in small, collaborative, energetic teams.
- Bachelor's degree in a computer science related field is a minimum requirement.
Nice to Have:
- Experience with AWS.
- Experience with Java.
- Experience with IAM protocols such as OAuth 2.0, OpenID Connect, SCIM.
- Experience with security fundamentals like encryption, message signing and verification.
As a Software Engineer, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- BE AN OWNER: Own and operate, high-scale cloud based systems and services, DevOps style
- BE BOLD: Build interesting things, from simple features to complex distributed systems.
- EMPOWER OTHER: Collaborate with Designers, Product Managers, and Engineers.
- DON’T SETTLE: Never stop improving, and work on achieving operational excellence for teams systems.
- BE BOLD: Solve complex IAM related technical challenges.
Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world’s telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications.
Twilio's IAM Platform, helps our customers connect to and use the Twilio products that make their businesses successful. Our platform has global reach and operates at cloud scale. Our challenge is to enable our customers, and to protect their data, while providing mission critical IAM features on the Twilio platform.
Twilio is truly unique. We are a company committed to your growth, learning, development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
This position will be located in our beautiful and well-designed office at Veerenni 38 in Tallinn, though considering the world’s current circumstances you will start from your home office.
Around the world, Twilio offers great benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an in.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.