Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Data Engineer to design and build innovative and intelligent products to solve problems in fraud and identity for Twilio’s customers. You will be critical in shaping Twilio’s data product strategy and thereby enable our most valued customers to have trusted interactions with their end-users by providing risk intelligence. You will design and build data integrations, ETL workflows, dimensional data models and manage our data warehouse and integration infrastructure that fuels strategic business decisions across Twilio. You will partner with machine learning engineers and product managers to translate data needs into critical information that can be used to implement data integration and etl solutions. We are looking for someone who is passionate about data, thrives in an evolving environment, brings an enthusiastic and collaborative attitude, and delights in making a difference. You are a self-starter, embody a growth mindset, and can collaborate effectively across the entire Twilio organization. Come be part of a team that's building the next generation of ML-driven APIs and services at Twilio.
- 5+ years of data integrations in a fast paced company that delivers software
- Knowledge of all phases of software development including requirements analysis, design, coding, testing, debugging, implementation, and support.
- Strong analytical background
- Experience in data-centric Python development
- Experience in data warehouse systems
- Experience in ETL tools such is a plus
- Experience in distributed computing environments like Spark, Presto etc. is a plus
- Experience with one or more NoSQL databases such as Cassandra, DynamoDB etc. is a plus
- Experience with modern BI tools such as Looker, Tableau etc. is a plus
- Experience building fraud detection and risk scoring products is a plus
- Experience in AWS cloud computing, particularly AWS SageMaker is a plus
- Experience working in agile environment and iterative development
- Possess strong business acumen--you can communicate effectively with business users
- Possess strong technical acumen–you can communicate effectively with engineers
- Collaborative mindset and ability to work with distributed, cross-functional teams
- Solid communication skills and the ability to clearly articulate your point of view
- Bachelors/Masters degree in Computer Science required, or equivalent experience
You live the Twilio Magic values:
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Be part of a small, high-impact and multi-talented engineering team. Show strong engagement in the team setting
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Passion for and demonstrated track record of executing product opportunities deeply grounded in customer needs
- DRAW THE OWL: Self-starter who can see the big picture and prioritize work to make the largest impact
- BE BOLD: Help us take one of the world’s most extensive communication data sets and transform it into leading-edge AI applications and products that solve meaningful customer problems
- BE INCLUSIVE: Collaborating and brainstorming product ideas with product managers, data scientists and engineers
- DON’T SETTLE: Experienced working at a massive scale with distributed, scalable systems, including making tradeoffs for consistency/availability
- NO SHENANIGANS: Experience successfully applying machine learning to real-world problems
Today, Twilio powers the delivery of billions of the world’s communications. Increasingly, we’re hearing from our B2C customers that they’re struggling to harness the massive amounts of valuable data they generate, much of which stems from the communications we help them send. We seek to uncover how Twilio can help customers utilize their valuable data to create unique, individualized experiences that their competitors can’t replicate. We want to help them become more proactive (outcome-driven) than reactive (event-driven) in their customer engagements. We are a new initiative and team at Twilio that will function much like an internal start-up. If you want to shape the future of B2C Customer Engagement and Twilio, this project is for you!
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our office in Bengaluru, India. You will enjoy our office perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday dinners, bi-weekly All Hands, and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.