Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio Flex is a fast growing area of Twilio’s global business. With Twilio Flex as their programmable contact center platform, Twilio customers around the globe are quickly developing highly tailored, contact center experiences for their customers, agents, and supervisors on a “cloud always” platform, with true omnichannel capabilities and at scale! If you are a contact center specialist with business development skills wanting to be part of a team that is revolutionizing the way contact centers think about technology, are customer centric, and are an evangelist at heart, consider joining us!
Twilio is looking for a Contact Center Specialty Sales Specialist with a builder mentality to help build and lead its footprint in Japan and support and manage high value Call Center prospects/customers. This is an overlay sales role and the candidate will lead the fast growing contact center business in the region, and help source new opportunities for a fundamentally better way to meet the requirements of customer care organizations. Responsibilities will include supporting the AE community in Japan as their contact center domain and subject matter expert, development and execution of Japan specific GTM motions and sales playbooks, establishing a feedback loop to the broader GTM leadership team, and supporting deals through the entire sales cycle.
- 8+ years of software sales experience selling into Mid-Market and or Enterprise Call Centers, with a deep understanding of the contact center sales motion and constituents, and a consistent track record of success.
- Must have experience taking to market new or ground-breaking ideas and must have a point of view and the ability to articulate his/her position and the associated impact
- Must have experience working with internal, cross functional constituencies to ensure the needs of sales and customers are met.
- Must be a builder and have experience launching a new business or product
- Has deep experience in optimizing the sales process, applying judgement to deal cycles and removing obstacles on behalf of the customer and team.
- Experience developing accurate sales forecasts, and crafting and executing tactical sales plans and account objectives
- Excellent Japanese and English communication and presentation skills, both written and oral
- Ability to work effectively in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- BA/BS degree required
- Ability to travel up to 20%
- Must be capable of communicating at all levels of the customer organization to developers, managers, and executives of any organization.
We get many highly-qualified prospects every day from corporations already interested in using our platform. Prospects come in via phone, email, and our self-service product. You will employ a solution selling methodology to drive these leads through a high-velocity pipeline.
As a Contact Center Sales Specialist, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- Be an Owner:
- Execute against all phases of your pipeline, progressing deals through the sales cycle towards closing business.
- Exceed plan annual plan on a quarterly basis.
- Be Inclusive: Work with Marketing and Demand Gen teams to grow the pipeline.
- Draw the Owl: Create pricing proposals, negotiate terms, and handle the contract process.
- Empower Others: Ethical. Hands on. Passionate. Persistent. Creative.
- Ruthlessly Prioritize:
- Know how to take ownership, operate autonomously, and have a strong bias for action
- Ability to balance opposing priorities and manage multiple projects/deals at the same time.
- Wear the Customer’s Shoes:
- Easily make complex contractual, technical, and financial details sounds simple.
- Listen first and add value in every conversation.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. The Global Sales team plays an integral role in building out our customer base and bringing Twilio to developers, non-profits and enterprise to make an impact on their services. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience.
We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
This position will be located in our Tokyo office. Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.