Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is looking for a highly-motivated leader and team player to join the Partner Practice Development (PPD) team. The PPD Solution Architect (SA) works closely with the Partner Alliance Manager (PAM) team and serves as a strategic technical advisor to their assigned Partner, provides guidance to internal and external stakeholders, and ensures the highest levels of Partner satisfaction. The PPD SA’s time is split between pre and post sales activities, acting as the Twilio knowledge expert to our SI Partners, and engaging other SMEs across the organization to develop, launch, and support innovative technology adoption programs.
The PPD Solution Architect position is a strategic role that requires a balance of strategy with a strong roll-up your sleeves and 'get it done' mentality. Candidates will work closely with developers, architects, and business leaders acting as their trusted advisor during the entire technology adoption journey with Twilio. The individual must be passionate about technology and technology trends particularly in relation to core platform development as they evangelize within their Partner’s developer community.
The most successful PPD SAs have a broad range of IT and consulting experience with deep functional knowledge of Twilio cloud computing environments. They are equally comfortable driving conversations with their assigned Partner’s enterprise architects and executive business stakeholders. The PPD SA will maintain the technical executive relationships within their assigned Partner(s), act as a primary point of contact ensuring tight stakeholder alignment, and provide proactive and prescriptive advice resulting in outstanding Partner success. This role will report to the Managing Director, Global Partner Practice Development.
The PPD SA works as part of a tight-knit Alliances & Reseller team that incorporates other SAs, Partner Account Managers, Partner Training and Certification COE, and Product Managers, so it is essential that individuals demonstrate critical thinking, strong active listening skills, and involve other members of the team when required. They will:
- BE INCLUSIVE- Manage assigned Partner’s technical engagement activities for Twilio solutions. Work directly with their partner(s) to develop joint technology adoption programs.
- DRAW THE OWL- Design and deliver region relevant presentations, programs, and content to their assigned Partner(s). Align with the PAM team and Twilio business stakeholders to drive strategic corporate initiatives and objectives.
- BE AN OWNER- Ensure effective and timely communications including evangelizing Twilio’s ecosystem strategy & capabilities. Conduct regular cadence between assigned partner(s) and business stakeholders. Maintain dashboards that communicate to Executive Leadership the effectiveness of identified programs and investments.
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE- Connect the proper Partner and Twilio resources to achieve solution and enablement business plan goals. Manage Partner’s expectations; negotiate solutions to complex problems with both the Partner and internal teams. Identify and proactively manage risk areas with a commitment to seeing an issue through to complete resolution.
- WRITE IT DOWN- Leverage highly developed soft skills with the ability to adjust communication style based on the audience and situations. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of duties or responsibilities; at times other duties may be assigned as needed.
Selling the Twilio APIs and our Flex Contact Center Application Platform requires a unique set of skills. In this role, you will have the opportunity to make a difference to Twilio Partners and our customers!
Twilio is truly unique. We are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. Come join us.
**Travel (post COVID era) will be approximately 25-35% for this role.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.