Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is seeking a civic-minded self-starter to join Twilio.org - the social impact business within Twilio. Reporting into the Director of Funding and Engagement, the Impact Program Manager will join the team that leads Twilio’s employee social impact programs and grant-making initiatives. The person in this role will have the opportunity to build and grow programs that help employees improve their communities. Additionally, they'll help identify mission-aligned charities for Twilio to support with grants, volunteerism and technology. We are seeking someone with a professional and personal track record of philanthropy who believes that people and technology have the power to change the world for good!
Twilio.org is looking for a creative self-starter with:
- 8+ years of experience working in the EMEA social sector or corporate philanthropy space
- Experience driving participation in employee activities that build shared value for the community, employees and company, including but not limited to, community and skills-based volunteering, giving campaigns, and charity/NGO partnerships
- Knowledge of social issues and the ability to navigate the needs and interests of employees and communities
- Strong communication and influencing skills who enjoys interacting with people at all levels of a company via 1-1 conversations or larger all-employee presentations
- Strong project management and organizational skills. You enjoy running small and large scale projects, paying close attention to the details with exceptional execution
- Experience working with a manager and/or team in another time zone
- Ability to travel 15% of the time (when travel can resume safely)
It’s a bonus if you:
- Are proficient in French and/or another European language
- Have grant management experience
The Impact Program Manager, will be the first representative of the Funding & Engagement team outside of the US, and the third EMEA-based Twilio.org member. You will use your entrepreneurial spirit to mobilize employees to do good in their communities and identify new grant beneficiaries by living our Twilio Magic values:
- BE BOLD: Increase awareness among EMEA employees of Twilio’s employee impact program, WePledge 1%. This person will champion the program by creating innovative communications and programs, and by partnering with cross-functional teams and leaders to integrate the program into company events and programming.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Help more EMEA and APAC employees participate in WePledge 1%. Partner with charities and Twilio.org partners to build significant ways for Twilions to make a difference. You will create a range of geographically and culturally relevant activities to make it easy, fun and meaningful for employees to participate. You will work collaboratively across Twilio.org and other departments, keeping in mind interdependencies needed for successful implementation.
- DRAW THE OWL: You will reinvent how Twilions make a positive social impact in a post- Covid world. You’ll break the mold when it comes to creating and executing activities that go beyond traditional volunteering or fundraising to help Twilions be more socially and environmentally conscious.
- BE AN OWNER: You will lead all aspects of WePledge 1% program operations and administration in EMEA and APAC. This will include a variety of things, from answering employee questions to bringing on new programs, partners and tools to make it both easy and exciting for Twilions to do good.
- BE INCLUSIVE: You will be the Funding and Engagement team’s point-person for Twilio’s Impact Fund outside the US. You’ll help us source charities that align with our grants strategy so that we can increase the number of people served outside of the US with our philanthropic capital. You'll help our Impact Fund Manager (based in the US) lead these grant partners and recommend ways our employees can support their work via volunteering and giving opportunities.
- WRITE IT DOWN: You’ll share the story of our social impact work inside and outside of the organization as a means of encouraging greater action and outsized impact
Twilio.org is the social impact arm of Twilio, led by the Chief Social Impact Officer who reports directly to the company’s CEO. The Twilio.org team works across Twilio’s unique assets - our technology, funding, and employee time - to improve the lives of over 262 million people globally per year. And we’re not stopping there - our goal is for social impact organizations using Twilio to help 1B people annually.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed, and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation, and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
London or Dublin
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.