Because you belong at Twilio.
Twilio is looking for a results-driven PR/AR Intern to join the Communications team. This role will focus on helping to tell the Twilio story to both the media and analyst community. This role presents an excellent opportunity for someone with ambitions of working on a corporate communications team to learn in a fast-paced environment with a team of ambitious storytellers - the perfect priming for a career in PR or AR.
Twilio is looking for a PR/AR Intern who is customer driven, has a passion for storytelling, is a strong writer, and wants to use these skills in a corporate environment
- Interested in public relations, analyst relations or communications
- Very organized and proficient at managing multiple projects
- Ability to work cross functionally and independently
- Capable of distilling complex information for the appropriate audience
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Partners with PR Managers/Senior Managers to uncover stories by working with different business units across the company
- Work closely with Corporate Communications in the US to develop narratives to tell the Twilio corporate and product stories
- Partner with Corporate Communications, Sales, and Marketing teams to drive customer reviews to selected peer review sites
- Capture customer feedback and collaborate with relevant stakeholders to take action
- Supports team in pitching stories to reporters and industry analysts
- Helps maintain team processes including coverage tracking, news analysis, customer sentiment and more
- Competitive and peer research
As a Public Relations/Analyst Relations Intern, you will work with Communications to drive brand awareness by educating the influencers (press and analysts) in our market. This person will live the Twilio Magic values:
- Wear The Customer’s Shoes: We communicate most effectively from the customer’s point of view. We articulate what matters to our customers and look for opportunities to help others learn from their experience.
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: We receive requests from across the organization including sales, marketing, and senior leadership. Communications is a dynamic function that requires constantly making decisions about what are the most important tasks at any given moment
- DRAW THE OWL: You are creative, innovative, and always think outside the box. You look for solutions to problems rather than let them prevent you from making progress.
- BE AN OWNER & BE BOLD: Research new trends driving customer engagement and experiment with new ways to pitch reporters and industry analysts.
- NO SHENANIGANS: Always act in an honest, direct, and transparent way. Our communications are always factual and not misleading.
- BE INCLUSIVE: To achieve our goals, we need a diverse set of voices in the room as a competitive advantage. Listening to different perspectives gives us a more comprehensive understanding of the issues at hand and how to solve them.
The Communications team is responsible for sharing the Twilio story to both the public and industry influencers - a critical function that helps fuel the growth of one of the fastest growing software companies in the world. This is a truly unique experience to work on a team who is unafraid to take risks and will be rapidly growing in the years to come.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our San Francisco office. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.