Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio’s IoT Super SIM Team is looking for a junior Software Engineer who wants to contribute in designing, developing, deploying and operating IoT backend services helping companies control their fleets of IoT devices.
You should have some or all of the following:
- A passion for learning and an ability to persevere until problems are solved.
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- Thorough understanding of fundamental software engineering, e.g. algorithms, data structures, concurrency, object oriented programming concepts, design patterns and SOLID principles.
- 1-3+ years of engineering experience with Java and Python. Scala and C is a plus.
- Solid knowledge of Linux based systems. Ideally, you have a background working with cloud computing and containers technologies.
- A good command of relational or NoSQL databases and querying concepts.
- Familiarity with version control concepts as well as unit and integration testing methodologies.
As a Software Engineer you will be part of a cross functional team that designs, builds and operates Twilio Wireless — the first fully programmable platform for IoT.
Twilio Wireless delivers an instantly deployable, cloud-based platform that allows developers to quickly develop and deploy internet-enabled devices.
You will live the Twilio Magic values:
- BE AN OWNER: You will hone your skills to write maintainable code with extensive test coverage, working in a professional software engineering environment (with source control, dev/stage/prod release cycle, continuous deployment with CI/CD pipelines).
- DON'T SETTLE: You will learn cutting-edge skills by tackling complex problems in distributed computing.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: You will be spending some of your time infusing your technical expertise and know-how in your team through code reviews and whiteboarding sessions.
- DRAW THE OWL: You will be working with our Tech Lead to setup best practices for the area of ownership. You will be working with Java/Scala/Python/Kafka/AWS.
Twilio IoT/Wireless is the IoT business unit at Twilio. The Twilio platform enables companies to integrate communications directly into their applications via simple cloud APIs and with on-demand global reach. Twilio abstracts away a world of complexity so that our customers can go global without concern for managing a global communications network, carrier integrations and relationships throughout the world. Twilio IoT/Wireless aims to do the same for IoT Connectivity, enabling our customers to quickly integrate Wireless connectivity into their IoT products.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
This position will initially (until at least August 2021) be remote, but will eventually be based out of the Twilio Berlin office. Around the world, Twilio offers great benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience; that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture to empower everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.