Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio’s Corporate Security, Health & Safety team is growing and seeking a skilled and versatile individual for the position of Corporate Security Technology Systems Engineer. The Corporate Security Technology team supports the entire company in the security sections of physical access control, physical monitoring and surveillance, technology to support the protection of physical assets and physical detection and countermeasures. The team is dedicated to the development, deployment and support of these technologies to provide a safe environment for the entire company without sacrifice of culture.
Twilio is looking for a leader who lives the Twilio Magic and has experience as a corporate security technology system engineer.. They also have:
- Bachelor’s degree (advanced degree preferred) in business, security, or a related field and/or 6yrs+ of experience with increasing scope, responsibility, and complexity at a multinational company (combined public/private sector experience considered).
- 5+ years in the deployment and support of integrated physical security solutions, preferably with Genetec Security Center.
- Successful experience in reading schematic systems drawings and deploying security hardware based on those plans.
- Demonstrated experience in developing systems physical deployment standards.
- Demonstrated experience in systems and device troubleshooting and support ticket management.
- Successful experience in managing field subcontracted projects and services.
- Proven ability to mark-up and amend schematic systems and component diagrams.
- Willing and able to travel to any of the Twilio facilities sites.
As a Systems Engineer, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- WRITE IT DOWN: Document and maintain configuration records. Assist with compilation and maintenance of Training and Standards documentation.
- DRAW THE OWL: Think critically and creatively to solve project specific challenges as needed to facilitate successful system deployments within allotted schedules.
- BE AN OWNER: Assist in managing system installations to ensure equipment is installed correctly and using best practices for the functionality required, and take lead initiative to configure systems with very little or no assistance.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Think creatively in effort to train and support the Operations team. Listen carefully to other business units and employees to provide systems that best support their needs and improve their health and safety.
- NO SHENANIGANS: Perform work consistently to a high standard of excellence and maintain focus on being a supportive partner within and beyond the Corporate Security Technology team.
We are seeking a detailed oriented, personable, highly-organized Corporate Security Technology Systems Engineer to support our team as we continue to grow our Technology program. As a Corporate Security Technology Systems Engineer, you can expect to fill your days by:
- Managing integration service providers in the deployment of new technology projects
- Maintaining the design, development, configuration, maintenance and auditing of physical security systems
- Contributing to the development, maintenance and enhancement of physical security technology standards.
- Providing internal customer support by promptly assessing and supporting the resolution any physical security technology fault or malfunction
- Supporting the installation of field physical security devices and performing any moves/adds/changes required for those devices based on business requirements.
- Conducting and compiling physical security system assessments.
- Managing and maintaining company wide badging systems.
The Corporate Security Technology team is central to Twilio's continued growth. We work closely with every Twilion in every location to ensure a safe work environment. We analyze and provide visibility and ensure we have policies and procedures to follow as well as the maximum safeguards in the event of an incident.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will require location in the EMEA region. We employ diverse talent from all over the world and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks