Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Technical Support Engineer to join our to join our EMEA Customer Support organization, responsible for delivering award winning support to Twilio customers using our Programmable Voice product. Excellent customer service is one of the core values of our company and what our customers have come to expect and love about Twilio. You will function as the voice of Twilio to our customers and partners and function as a subject matter expert for Twilio’s platform.
You should have a firm understanding of the technology stacks common to the Web ecosystem and experience in a telecom environment. (For example, you’ve implemented, deployed and / or maintained / supported Avaya / Cisco / OpenVBX / or similar platforms of significant size in the past). You’ve got strong time management skills, work well in a fast paced environment, and are efficient at getting work done while still following standard processes and procedures.
Twilio operates a 24/7 support model so the ability to work weekends and holidays (as needed) is required.
You should have a firm understanding of the technology stacks common to the Web ecosystem and experience in a telecom environment. Ideally you’ve implemented, deployed, maintained and supported Avaya / Cisco / OpenVBX or similar platforms of significant size in the past. You’ve got strong time management skills, work well in a fast paced environment, and are efficient at getting work done while still following standard processes and procedures.
You possess a consistent track record of providing outstanding technical support, have expertise with VoIP / SIP/ IP PBXs, REST APIs, and the development of web and mobile applications.
We seek someone with:
- 4+ years of experience in a client-facing, technical role with good knowledge of SIP and IP Telephony protocols, and experience using packet capture tools (e.g. Wireshark).
- 2+ years of experience troubleshooting VoIP and SIP issues, and configuring PBX.
- Ability to address customer concerns and provide feedback in a friendly, diplomatic and empathetic way; you treat customer problems like your own.
- Experience with troubleshooting and resolving QoS (Quality of Service) issues, including escalations to third parties.
- Strong knowledge of RESTful API’s with the ability to understand and troubleshoot issues with cloud solutions.
- Skilled in troubleshooting network connectivity issues, with an understanding of TCP/UDP, and basics of SSL/TLS. Bonus: an understanding of WebRTC.
- Third level qualification in Computer Science, Network Engineering, or a related discipline, or relevant experience related to this position.
- Bonus: fluency in a second European language
As a Technical Support Engineer you live the Twilio Magic:
- WEAR THE CUSTOMERS SHOES: Provide support for our Programmable Voice product, dealing with a wide range of customer inquiries received via telephone, email, social media and chat.
- DRAW THE OWL: Identify ways to improve existing processes and procedures.
- BE AN OWNER & BE BOLD: Be the point of escalation for complex issues within support, and escalate to Product and Engineering teams as necessary.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Train and mentor team-members, and advise on improvements for our Voice product.
- NO SHENANIGANS: Ensure Support SLAs and CSAT goals are consistently met and ticket queues are well managed.
We only succeed at Twilio when our customers succeed. An outstanding customer experience with our products as well as our service is an integral part of why customers choose Twilio, and your role is critical in ensuring the success here.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be based in Prague. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.