Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking Site reliability engineers at multiple levels to be key members of our Consumer Trust team in Bangalore, India. You will be joining one of the first teams of engineers in our new Bangalore office, with an opportunity to help define our technical and team culture in India. You will also help us build solutions that prevent fraud and abuse, ensuring that Twilio is the leader in trusted communications. A successful candidate will be a self-starter, embody a growth attitude, collaborate effectively with the engineering team.
Twilio is looking for a strong site reliability engineer who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record of shipping high-quality software. They also have:
- Proven experience for 5 years with SRE culture, improving reliability with automation, chaos testing, and process improvement
- Scripting programming skills such as python, perl, shell scripting etc
- Experience designing and operating distributed systems and cloud infrastructure at scale.
- Expertise in configuration management for deploying, configuring, and running servers and systems.
- Solid Knowledge of Cloud Provider Tools, preferably in AWS stack
- Hands-on experience in automating and improving the deployment pipelines and CI/CD in the public cloud as well as alerting, monitoring and .log analysis
- Experience working on security evaluations and penetration tests
- Collaborate with different teams to fix applications and services for mobile and the web.
- Knowledge in techniques such as Infrastructure as code, containerization and container orchestration tools using Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Terraform, cloudformation and others
- Ability to analyze and solve in networking, performance, system and infrastructure issues using standard tools.
- Experience developing dashboards for measuring KRIs and KPIs
- Experience troubleshooting applications including the ability to experiment with software systems, reproduce customer reported behaviors and communicate these to engineers and vendors.
- Strong belief in automation over toil.
- Experience working on a distributed team, with different time zones
- Experience with on call rotation
As a Site Reliability engineer::
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Be the voice of Twilio and surface customer feedback to our Product Management and Engineering teams to identify and drive improvements in our voice products.
- WRITE IT DOWN: Explore historical and real-time data to aid in diagnosing issues.
- BE INCLUSIVE: Interact, collaborate and network with other departments in Twilio in your search for solutions that our customers need.
- NO SHENANIGANS: Play a pivotal role in owning issues, automation as a frontline member of our on-call team. Conduct performance analysis, capacity management and solve large scale distributed systems.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Work cross functionally with Engineering, Product Management and Sales. Sometimes you will work with similar cross-functional teams from partner organizations.
- BE AN OWNER: Manage highly critical risk platform tools and vendor applications in the cloud. Own reliability for the team’s services and participate in an on-call rotation.
Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world’s telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications.
The Consumer Trust Team is central to Twilio's continued growth. Our mission is to prevent consumer harm by offering products and services that protect our customers and help them authenticate their users. We also ensure that every call, email and message that is made using our service is wanted, safe and legal. To do this we need to continue to develop and evolve our products and services and ensure they are able to scale; driving Twilio to new heights of scale.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our office in Bangalore, India. You will enjoy our office perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.