Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Community Manager who will own strategy and execution of Twilio's Community Forums. You will drive the momentum of our online community while crafting engaging content and related initiatives that help our community scale.
You’ll work closely with cross-functional teams to ensure internal partners and external developers alike are successful members of the community.
Twilio is looking for an empathetic community manager with experience driving collective engagement online. You also have:
- Spent time participating in and/or moderating technical communities. Experience managing and supporting a forum is a plus.
- Emotional intelligence to cultivate an inclusive audience.
- The ability to adapt and react appropriately in high stakes situations.
- A pulse on trends and the ability to build meaningful discussions that help people participate.
- A desire to serve others and build trust with an audience.
- Knowledge of programming languages and related technologies will be especially useful, but you need not have experience working full-time as an engineer.
- BE AN OWNER: Own the execution of the Twilio Community Forums and report related metrics.
- DRAW THE OWL: Envision a forum member journey that takes developer engagement in the digital world to new heights.
- WRITE IT DOWN: You’ll help write the community engagement playbook for internal teams who want to reduce support burdens and build products that are easier to adopt.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: You’re not only a community member - you will own the discussions, create tools, and processes that enable any member to moderate and share their knowledge, just like you.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Focus on community's needs, and make sure we're creating experiences that meet those needs.
Twilio's Developer Network is comprised of five teams that work closely together. Developer Evangelists inspire and equip developers by going to the language-centric and geographic communities where developers capture. Developer Educators challenge and empower developers by crafting elite docs and training. Twilio Champions encourage and amplify developers by encouraging a core community of Twilio developers. Developer Voices prompts and rallies developers by enabling them to get their code on the Twilio blog. Twilio Startups inspires tens of thousands of startup founders, and helps them scale their businesses through our startup focused program. Together, these teams introduce developers to Twilio, help them get their projects shipped, build strong end enduring friendships with them and help them take the spotlight.
Community Forums are a critical component to helping us identify members of our community who are looking for ways to build a deeper relationship with Twilio and have a passion for sharing their knowledge and expertise with like-minded developers.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed, and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation, and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world, and we believe phenomenal work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
$61,888 - $85,096
Rest of Colorado:
$54,152 - $109,186
Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks