Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Technical Support Team Lead 4 for the Account Security support team. In this role you will operate as a subject-matter expert for Twilio’s Account Security solutions, owning our customers' experience and working as a mentor, facilitating the creation of new processes that will benefit all stakeholders. If you’re up to the next challenge in your career and are happy to work closely with management to make teams better, we want to hear from you!
We’re looking for a leader with a demonstrated track record of going above and beyond for customers and their teammates. An ideal candidate has: :
- 5+ years experience in a client-facing technical role, TSE 3 or higher at Twilio.
- Demonstrated capability of achieving 100% of team defined target average for productivity, CSAT, SLA and Backlog management.
- A demonstrated history of customer focus and empathy, including the ability to communicate complex issues to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience handling escalations effectively and efficiently
- Training experience, demonstrated ability to make teams better and desire to lead and mentor others
- Capabilities to troubleshoot server and client-side code in different programming languages along with solid understanding of computer networking and RESTful APIs
- Proven advanced time management skills, with the ability to work well under pressure, and are proficient at developing workflows to remain efficient at tasks while still following standard processes and procedures
- Demonstrated ability to identify process and team improvements, and proven ability to create and curate internal and external documentation
As a Technical Support Team Lead 4, you will:
- EMPOWER OTHERS & WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Demonstrate technical competency to support and coach team members on complex customers' requests. Act as the first point of escalation for AccSec TSEs, to answer questions, advise on decisions, and help customers and TSEs as needed. Dedicate time towards mentoring new and existing teammates. Empower the team to use the voice of Twilio in creating positive customer experiences. Act as support for on-call TSEs when requested, discussing status page updates, answering questions, and aiding communication with other incident management teams
- BE AN OWNER & DON’T SETTLE: Assist with ticket queue management based on your team’s structure, help with triaging of Paid Tickets and Developer P1, and act as the primary owner of high visibility/impacting issues. Support with team admin tasks such as scheduling, macro maintenance, and on-call shift planning. Act as an additional point of contact for Duty Manager Escalations for your team speciality when management is not available. Follow up on Negative CSAT and coach team members on best practices with measurable impact on CSAT, as well as perform Quality Assurance Checks to ensure tickets are staying on track.
- WRITE IT DOWN: Provide daily summaries of major live issues, incidents, escalated cases, and process pain points.
- DRAW THE OWL & RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Provide guidance on prioritizing and creating efficient workflows to keep up with tasks and workload. Analyze and identify team/customer pain points by tracking feedback from customers, feedback from TSEs, and patterns in ticket volume. Use data to make recommendations to your manager regarding efficiency improvements to deliver excellent customer support.
- BE INCLUSIVE & NO SHENANIGANS: Work with management to ensure all voices in the team are heard and guarantee an inclusive work environment. Lead by example and provide positive and critical feedback to TSEs when appropriate.
Team Leads are central to the continued growth of Twilio’s Support Org. We work closely with leadership and support teams to guide resolution to both customer and employee pain points and have an impact on the overall direction of the support organization.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed, and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation, and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located remotely in the US-Eastern Time Zone for customer support purposes. We employ diverse talent from all over the world and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.