Because you belong at Twilio
You are fired up to drive strategy for one of the largest products at Twilio, identifying the operational challenges we have and rallying cross functional stakeholders taking Twilio’s Messaging Exchange to new heights. You enjoy out of the box thinking and creating scalable solutions which you generate from first principles and validate with data. Projects you could work on include building LTV-based pricing frameworks for international country expansion, create, own and track performance incentive metrics for our dedicated Demand and Supply teams or leading our strategic investment frameworks for annual and long-term planning. You have a demonstrated track record of excellence in data analysis, project management, process design and deployment, communication, business judgment, and cross-functional teamwork.
Twilio is looking for a leader who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record of sales and business operations. They also have:
- 7+ years of professional experience in Sales or Business Operations, Consulting
- Energized by a dynamic, high-growth environment; resilient in the face of challenges
- Experience with productivity modeling, supply and demand economics and P&L reporting
- Experience with Salesforce (CRM tools), Excel, Tableau (or another business intelligence tool) required, SQL knowledge preferred but not required
- Sales operations, communications or logistics industry, management consulting or investment banking experience are huge pluses
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent years of experience
This role will see you act as a critical team member of the Messaging Exchange Strategy & Analytics team, who organize a global team responsible for the P&L of Twilio’s Messaging Business unit. You will orchestrate strategy & operations and act as a trusted advisor to the Messaging Exchange Leadership.
- BE AN OWNER: You will lead our strategic planning process ensuring Twilio’s Messaging Exchange growth and profitability
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: You’ll manage our supplier deal analysis framework and decision making process
- DON’T SETTLE: You’ll drive ownership and accountability around our daily P&L management to senior leadership, enabling the business leaders you work with to design and execute effective business strategies
- DRAW THE OWL: You’ll own special projects that touch cross functional efforts with product management, finance and others to identify global expansion opportunities
- WEAR THE CUSTOMERS SHOES: Analytical rigor and strategic thinking are a must, but you’ll also need to get your hands dirty to drive real, sustainable impact
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication tools in order to build better applications to maximize customer engagement. The Global Sales team plays an integral role in building out our customer base and bringing Twilio to developers, lines of business, non-profits and enterprises to make an impact on their services.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
This position will be located in our San Francisco office at 375 Beale Street. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks