Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Senior Manager, IT Internal Audit to join Twilio’s Internal Audit team to support and/or lead various internal audit initiatives. The team is focused on process improvements through not only its SOX program but also operational internal audits, including data analytics to help the business mature systems and processes, increasing efficiency and scalability while maintaining internal controls to mitigate risks. Reporting to the Director of Internal Audit, this position will work closely with internal audit teams and other Twilio functional teams to identify process and systems gaps and areas of improvements.
Twilio is looking for a leader who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record of leading internal audit engagements focused on information technology and platforms. They also have:
- 10+ years (Big 4 and Tech Industry) experience in leading and executing internal audits, internal controls and SOX compliance (IT experience is a plus).
- Strong focus on technology risks, not limited to major project developments, Change management, vulnerability management and/or evaluation of DevOps and Cloud Computing risks, IT general controls, and IT application controls, COSO, and COBIT.
- Innovative thinker and problem solver with excellent communication skills, ability to distill key takeaways quickly and presentation skills that allow effective interactions with business partners.
- Excellent project and people manager in a creative and fast paced environment to drive results timely and on budget.
- The ability to work independently and as a team leader and provide appropriate direction to the team members and management.
As the Senior Manager, IT Internal Audit, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- WRITE IT DOWN: Assist with SOX and IA risk assessments, scoping, internal audit plan development, identifying and documenting control deficiencies, impact and severity assessments
- BE AN OWNER & BE BOLD: Lead and manage IT SOX compliance evaluation effort, including managing contractors, document requests and review of testwork
- DRAW THE OWL: Lead planning, scoping and execution of complex technology-related assessments (e.g. operational, security, compliance) as Twilio scales and launches new products
- BE INCLUSIVE & WEAR the CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Build relationships and collaborate across technology partners within Twilio to identify control deficiencies, action plans, process improvement opportunities for efficient, effective and scalable processes, utilizing industry best practices tailored to Twilio
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Assist with developing and delivering meaningful data driven executive presentations, including Audit Committee and senior leadership
Internal Audit is central to Twilio's continued growth. We work closely with senior management to identify and evaluate key business risks and recommend actions to mitigate risks while improving and maturing processes.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
We employ diverse talent and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Tier 4 base salary range: $120, 832.00 to $166,144.00
Rest of Colorado:
Tier 5 base salary range: $105,728.00 to $145,376.00
Non Sales: Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks