Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and is looking for a talented, passionate and curious Senior Engineering Manager to be a key leader in extending Twilio’s platform to International customers. This person will be a player-coach, working to establish several new engineering teams that extend Twilio’s infrastructure and software platforms across the globe. This position is critical in supporting Twilio’s International expansion and will work alongside other product managers, engineering counterparts, program managers, and customers.
Twilio is looking for a leader who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record of building horizontal platforms that support product teams.
- You are a software engineering leader that is passionate, empathetic and loves to mentor.
- You have a strong product and architectural vision and a demonstrated ability to communicate, advocate, and execute on that vision
- You partner with other leads from engineering, product and design to build a roadmap and measures of success.
- You will be building a portfolio of horizontal platforms that support the efficiency and effectiveness 100+ product teams across R&D
- Experience with highly available multi-region distributed system architectures and microservices at scale
- Experience managing SCRUM teams with agile principles, embracing uncertainty, continuous improvement, and predictable delivery
- You will build and lead a SCRUM team of engineers while also managing other Engineering Managers with their own engineering teams
- Experience being a leader of other Engineering Managers
- You’re ready to join a remote-friendly, remote-first team, working across timezones in North America.
- Plus: Experience developing products on AWS
As a Senior Engineering Manager, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- Be Inclusive & Empower Others: You will foster the growth of an inclusive, high-performing team. Outside your team, you will champion communities of practice, and can be an expert to lead and mentor when needed. How will you grow your team through teaching and nurturing welcoming, safe spaces where everyone can bring their authentic selves?
- No Shenanigans: Great technical leaders use good judgment. They are intellectually honest, transparent, and work together with others by fostering an authentic, inclusive environment. How will you serve as a model for fair decision-making within and beyond your team?
- Wear The Customer’s Shoes: Your team will ship great platform features that delight your customers. You will get to know your customers and walk in their shoes. How will you listen to your customers’ challenges, identify opportunities, craft solutions, and deliver the right value at the right time?
- Write It Down: You will communicate effectively to executives, to your peers, and internally among your team. Are you able to distill complex thoughts and concepts simply? Are you articulate and concise in written and verbal communication? Will you communicate with empathy and understanding even in stressful situations?
- Draw The Owl: You’ll forge the vision for how Twilio’s platforms need to be enhanced and extended to support a global customer base. There’s no instruction book, it’s yours to write. You’ll figure it out, ship it, and iterate. You’ll invent the future, but you won’t wing it.
Twilio is a fast growing company, rapidly expanding the breadth of our product offerings and the geographies we serve. The Global Twilio team is responsible for one of the major growth vectors for Twilio. We work closely with a broad set of internal stakeholders and international customers to bring the Twilio product portfolio into new markets. Our work has a significant impact on the trajectory of the company.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
We are looking for this role to be located on the EST time zone. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
$160,896 - $221,232
Rest of Colorado:
$140,784 - $193,578
Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks