Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Manager, Billing Operations to lead and grow our Billing Team in Dublin.The person in this role will be a results oriented individual who is motivated to tackle complex problems, has a “can do” attitude, is passionate about metrics, and is willing to go above and beyond to help our customers. Reporting to the Senior Billing Operations Manager based in Dublin, Ireland, this position is critical in supporting Twilio’s efforts to provide a 24/7 service to our customers & their billing needs.
Twilio is looking for a leader who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated ability to tackle complex problems, while also being a results oriented individual with Operational experience. They also have:
- 5+ years of accounting/finance/operations experience, with 2-3 years of managerial experience in Billings/Revenue for a publicly traded company.
- Degree in Accounting/Business Administration or the equivalent.
- SOX experience.
- Demonstrated problem-solving, strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience working with NetSuite and Salesforce.com.
- Solid experience working with large volume transactions.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Advanced Excel user: able to handle very large “raw” data sets using pivots and advanced functions such as VLOOKUP.
As Manager, Billing Operations, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- BE AN OWNER - provide direct supervision to a team of Billing Analysts within the Billing Operations Department. You will ensure that the team is consistently providing a first class service that is efficient, effective, customer and delivery focused and resilient. Manage the on boarding of customer contracts, pricing models and billing of customers (domestic and international). Ensuring the timely and accurate processing of Credits, Credit Card refunds & Terminations.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER SHOES - Provide a first class service by managing customers queries and their timely responses through spending time to deeply understand & solve problems from their perspective.
- DRAW THE OWL: Participate in month end close, including: Managing and tracking recurring billing and manage approvals. Your role is key to driving excellence to ensure that we achieve the highest level of quality for our customers.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Mentor team members, refining processes and provide training working closely with the other Billing seniors within the team. Monitor performance effectively and take action where necessary with poor performance. Interact extensively across all functional teams within Billing Operations & Twilio.
We are actively scaling for current and future growth and believe that we can add value to Twilio through our collaboration with the various functional teams. We realize that new ideas have to come from everywhere in the organization, and we know the next big idea could be yours. You will have an incredible impact in how we achieve our goals of sustained excellence and scalability, and your role is integral in growing Twilio.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
This position will be located in our beautiful office in Dublin city. You should expect the normal perks: snacks, lunches, social events, massages, etc. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, we know this is a marathon not a sprint; that builds an inclusive culture where we want all of our people to be comfortable and thrive. We seek out people who live by our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.