Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
At Twilio, our mission is to power the future of communications. We believe that communication should be at the heart of every product and customer experience. Our customers range from individual developers to large enterprises that are well known brand names and they collectively interact with millions of consumers. Unfortunately, communications can also be misused by bad actors who attempt to game the system for nefarious purposes. We are seeking a Sr. Risk Specialist for our Consumer Trust team to help us solve some of our more complex customer, fraud and abuse incidents. The ideal candidate must be able to connect the dots across different teams/ processes, troubleshoot, investigate and use great judgment to solve customer and business issues quickly. You must be passionate about protecting consumers and want to drive changes throughout the organization that help us improve our fraud detection capabilities and customer experience. You will partner with multiple teams within Twilio to handle and resolve executive escalations and fraud incidents that present internal and external risk.
We are excited about the candidates with the following traits:
- 3 or more years work experience in a fast paced, customer facing environment, preferably in an eCommerce or tech company.
- Experience leading projects, change initiatives and/ or driving process improvements.
- Demonstrated ability to break down complex issues and explain them effectively to external and internal stakeholders
- Ability to handle and resolve conflicts successfully through patience, excellent listening skills and collaboration.
- Advanced problem solving and analytical skills. Basic knowledge of SQL and or programming languages preferred.
- Excellent judgement when working through incidents with customers and internal teams.
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Technical troubleshooting experience preferred.
- Experience in the compliance, fraud, abuse or user protection space preferred but not required.
- BE BOLD: Identify and lead projects/ initiatives that help us improve as an organization.
- DRAW THE OWL: Find and identify the customer and business problems that need to be solved and then determine the best way to solve them, using data and customer experience to guide you.
- WRITE IT DOWN: Prepare root cause analyses, post mortems, customer responses and proposals for improving our products and processes.
- DON’T SETTLE: Demonstrate an unrelenting passion for fighting badness and preventing consumer impact from bad actors.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Partner with Product, Compliance, Legal and InfoSec teams to quickly investigate and resolve customer concerns. Evaluate and improve operating procedures, tools and workflows.
- BE AN OWNER: Independently solve complex customer problems using data and solid judgment.
- NO SHENANIGANS: Navigate complex decisions that require striking the right balance between business growth and risk mitigation objectives.
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Ensure you are always prioritizing our customers and helping them solve the problems that are impacting their business.
Ability to work non-standard working hours, including rotational shifts that require work during weekends and holidays.
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. We do that by focusing relentlessly on building the most robust, programmable, customer-centric communications platform on the planet. Twilio daily reaches more than 5 million developers globally and every month, billions of voice and video calls are made and billions of messages are exchanged using our platform. We are in the middle of an incredible transformation of communications. Both consumers and businesses are changing how they communicate using new methods that are at the same time more delightful and much more powerful. We believe communications are at the heart of trustworthy interactions between people. In a more privacy and security focused world, Twilio is committed to ensuring that we have trustworthy customers on our platform and we’re able to propagate that trust into the ecosystem. This way Twilio’s customers remain compliant and have the most engaged and relevant communications on the planet. This is a unique opportunity for a product leader to take ownership of an essential part of our strategy and help take Twilio to the next level.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Denver/Boulder Metro: $56,256 - $77,352
Rest of Colorado: $49,224 - $67,683
Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks