Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
At Twilio, we’re focused on developing and expanding our world-class, cloud-based customer engagement platform. Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. We are a fast moving, lean company where every team member has a huge stake in the company’s success!
This role reports to the Senior Manager, Customer Success EMEA & APJ and will be based in Bengaluru, India.
Twilio is looking for an individual who lives the Twilio Magic and can assist our customers and make them successful. Given that our customers pay us over time, customer growth and retention is vital to our long-term profitability. We will not be successful unless our customers are continuously receiving value from Twilio!
You excel in a fast paced environment, working as a customer’s internal advocate to remove obstacles that may impede a customer’s experience with Twilio. You flourish with solving new, complex challenges that are unique to your customers and their businesses. You care deeply about building trust with everyone you work with.
We are looking for a Customer Success Manager who has a successful track record of working with both technical and non-technical teams. We seek someone with:
- Consistent track record of successfully developing and leading customer relationships, including C-level relationships within Twilio and the client organization
- Passion for customers and problem solving
- High technical aptitude and strong business acumen
- Analytical with ability to interpret customer data and trends, leveraging data to build POV for customers and/or internal stakeholders
- Experience working in Telecom or Cloud Communications is preferred
- 5+ years in a customer facing role of a highly technical product
- 3+ years in account management of strategic customers
Your primary responsibility is to ensure that our customers receive an outstanding customer experience. You will work with customers throughout the customer’s lifecycle to ensure the customer receives maximum value from our solution. You will work with our customers to build relationships, learn about their businesses, and drive value based on our customers defined goals and objectives.
Daily activities and responsibilities:
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER SHOES: Develop strategic relationships with Twilio customers to deliver maximum value for the customer and Twilio. Ensure customers take full advantage of all features and services resulting in strong customer health and retention.
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Understand the organizational structure of the customer company, identifying the areas that present a deep strategic partnership opportunity. Build and grow multiple relationships across a customer’s organization
- WRITE IT DOWN: Develop success plans and business reviews for customers that outline critical success factors, metrics for success, potential issues, and recommendations
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Work within strategic account teams with Sales and Support to implement customer- focused initiatives designed to expand Twilio’s revenue footprint, add business value to the customer, create and communicate best practices, and evangelize product value
Twilio is empowering the world’s developers and enterprises with the technology to build modern, enjoyable communication experiences in their applications. The Customer Success Team is a strategic component in building our customer base and helping businesses improve how they interact with their customers. The Customer Success Manager is the customer advocate focused on driving usage, adoption and customer satisfaction across all features and services that Twilio has to offer.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
This position will be located in our Hong Kong or Singapore offices. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.