Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
We are looking for a Manager to oversee one of the Twilio Internal Customer Support teams. In this role, you’ll help us scale and grow to deliver an extraordinary co-worker experience for Twilio colleagues. We are looking for a people-person who’s passionate about delighting internal customers, coaching and developing staff, and helping us improve documentation, processes and procedures. This role joins a growing team of Customer Support Managers, reporting to the Sr. Technical Support Manager, this position is critical in supporting Twilio’s continuing growth.
Twilio is looking for someone who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record of leadership and consistently strong performance. They also have:
- 3+ years experience in a technical support or related management role in a web-based software or SaaS company.
- Strong English communication skills (both verbal and written), especially in a technical environment.
- Solid analytical skills – Not afraid to roll up your sleeves and dive into the data, and experience with tools/processes needed for data-driven decision-making.
- Demonstrated Results - Must have experience effectively leading a customer support team, consistently delivering at or above established KPIs.
- Technical skills – High comfort level with and exposure to SaaS or communications technology. Prior technical support engineering experience a plus.
- Situational Awareness - Must possess a high degree of emotional intelligence. Understand and adapt to the audience with whom you’re interacting, including your team, colleagues, and executives.
- Decisive - Uses a framework or process by which to make decisions. At times, you will need to make decisions quickly and often with incomplete data.
- Persuasive - bring others to their point of view using logic, data, and emotion. Have a formal process and framework by which to make qualitative and quantitative points, not just using emotional appeals.
As a Technical Support Manager, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’s SHOES: Hands-on involvement resolving escalations via email, phone and chat, handling complex inquiries.
- WRITE IT DOWN: Set challenging team and individual goals, manage to key success metrics like customer satisfaction and response time SLAs.
- DRAW THE OWL: Iterate and improve upon best-in-class internal support experiences, processes and policies. Maintain a mindset of continuous improvement, focused on improving documentation and feedback loop to Product teams.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Support and maintain high morale among the team, focused on building careers.
- NO SHENANIGANS: Oversee the day-to-day operations of a scaling support team; responsible for hiring, scheduling, formal training, informal coaching, and performance management.
This role is central to the delivering on Go To Market’s mission and to provide an unparalleled experience in answering colleagues' questions, improving internal documentation and processes.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our Bogotá office. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.